Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Receiving OTP from anyone

akashkat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I recently ported to Vodafone and since then have stopped receiving OTP messages from various sources such as Banks, Apps, Websites (Banks include - Santander/Citi bank (local as well as overseas). Apps/websites include - airbnb/yoyo wallet) etc.  For some reason, I get OTP messages from Vodafone.  

I used to get all the OTP messages when I was with my earlier provider (i.e. Vectone). 

I have tried contacting customer care multiple times regarding this, but no one is agreeing to the fact that there is something wrong. I also showed this to the sales agents from Vodafone shops, but they too were not capable of understanding the issue.  As a last resort, I am writing on this forum hoping to get the problem solved. 

Would appreciate all the help I can get

Thanks,

18 REPLIES 18

@akashkat

I had a similar problem with my phone. Could not get any text messages from my bank HSBC.

I discovered the problem was with the messaging app I use - Google Messages. When I went into the advanced settings, my phone number said it was unknown. After I manually inputted it, cleared cache from app, I was able to receive text messages from my bank.

Three things to check on your messaging app - 

1) Service messages can be received. It's a tick option on Google Messaging.

2) Your phone number is showing correctly.

3) SMBC is showing as - 07785 016005. This is Vodafone's service centre number.

I too wish you luck.

Thanks, @ReedPR for the suggestion.

The Message Center number was not set up in my case,  I have added that now.

But, even after doing the settings as suggested by you, when I tried deleting and adding back my number on airbnb site. sadly it did not work. I  was not able to get the SMS (OTP). The "call me" option works. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@akashkat  - Thanks for going through all of the above tests. I’d like us to double check your account from a network level. We can then make sure there aren’t any text bars.

Please  send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks @Gemma. I have filled the form out. Hope you now have all the necessary information to resolve the issue. 

Please let me know if there is anything else you need from my side.

Has this been resolved? I'm having similar issues and I've been through so many calls and troubleshooting steps with customer service to no avail.

Kushhell
1: Seeker

I have ported to Vodafone recently and since then facing problem in receiving OTPs from banks and other forums.

I've googled it and then found other people are also facing same problem.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kushhell We'll get this resolved for you :Smiling: Please send a message over to our team on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be in touch to find the cause of this. Please include your details, a link to your Community post, your Community username in your message - you then won't need to repeat your question.

Hami
1: Seeker

I am having the same issue. Port my number from another service provider to Vodafone since that I am having this issue. Most of the time don't receive txt from other networks as well. called customer service many times, did everything they told, finally they are fed up. Any suggestions ????

Hi @Hami we would love to go through some more checks so we can get to the bottom of this, could you contact us by clicking here and our social team will get back to you 😊