Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nuc code needed

Sarah-Marsh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ok so I bought a brand new vodaphone smart mini 7 at a U.K. Vodaphone store. Was assured it was already unlocked (I've moved overseas - needed it to be unlocked). Given a sheet with the Nuc code "just in case". Now I'm overseas. It is locked and the sheet given to me was for a different phone. I'm so fed up. Need that Nuc code and the imei number on the sheet I was given (and thus the Nuc code) -are both wrong. 

Help. This is urgent. I need a local phone here in order to function. 

2 REPLIES 2

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sarah-Marsh in order for the phone to be unlocked it needs to be used on the Vodafone UK network for 30 days, sending the odd text or making a few calls. After that the NUC form can be submitted and the code issued.

More information here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Sarah-Marsh

As mentioned by @63johnw the phone would have had to been used on the Vodafone UK network while in the UK for 30 days. 

All phones supplied by the network are locked to them so I'm afraid that was poor advice. 

Also Vodafone UK couldn't guarantee an unlocking code, if you managed to be given one,  would work while the phone is outside the UK. The iPhone being the exception as it does not unlock via a code. 

I think your options could be to send it to someone you know in the UK and they use it on the Vodafone UK network and unlock it after 30 days and send it back to you after weighing up the shipping costs or see if a local cellphone shop can unlock it but that could come with issues such as the phone failing or the lock not holding, or sell it on and buy one that will accept your sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.