Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number disconnection issue

J1977
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On Friday around midday I contacted Vodafone to report problems that I could not access their 4G network, only 3G. The advisor got me to check some mobile data settings, which were correct. They then asked me to do a soft reset of my phone which resulted in me losing contact with the advisor. This did not fix my issue.

I then contacted Vodafone support again. After going through more settings and realising everything was correct, the advisor got me to reset my network settings. Again, I lost contact with the advisor and the issue was not fixed. Actually this time, my mobile data stopped working altogether and I had to contact Vodafone on another device / network to reestablish my data connection, again, 3G only.

I then contacted Vodafone again and after yet again checking data settings I was advised that they needed to disconnect and reconnect my number. This would take a short while. So I okayed this action. This was at about 3pm on Friday. After a couple of hours and still no service, I recontacted Vodafone with my issue. This time I was informed that the disconnect / reconnect process can actually take up to 24 hours. Why was I not told this initially, especially as I had just activated data using rewards?

Coming up to 24 hours later, still no service. I contact Vodafone again. This time the advisor says that the disconnect / reconnect process has not been completed correctly by the previous advisor and that it needs to be redone. This process can take up to 72 hours but as I had been messed about, they would personally see to it that they would escalate my issue and get it completed within 24 hours.

It is now Sunday morning and I am approaching the 24 hour mark. I have not had service since Friday, 3pm. I have lost out on data. I have just topped up my phone so that my data package renewed...

I am trying to be very patient but this is now becoming a joke. Is there anybody that can help me or do I need to switch to another network provider?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What a mess @J1977 

Account access isn't available via the forum anymore.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter can.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Be sure to link back here to your thread and username.

Yes you could start using another network but they may not offer the same signal and data speeds where you live , work and commute. I appreciate you maybe venting as your understandably frustrated with this.

Another option would be to let Vodafone have the timeframe they have advised and go from there. 

And or use the Complaints procedure.

As your Payg your not locked into a contract.

If this was my situation I'd consider abandoning this account and start afresh with a new Payg sim card and number.

I appreciate you've just topped up and that would mean updating everyone on your new number and setting up a new myvodafone account with a different email address and password.

I hope they get this solved for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @J1977 

I suspect your problem here is going to be the weekend.  

To get this solved quickly, I would suggest you use live chat and ask them what has happened and to reconnect your number making sure you have full access to the 4G network.

For your inconvenience, Vodafone should also be giving you a goodwill gesture for the time you have been unable to use your phone after topping up and activating your SIM.

Thank you for the replies. I have used the online chat and they have said that it has been escalated higher as they cannot fix the issue.

They were very honest and said it will probably take a few days to resolve which is frustrating. 

If it is is not resolved by the end of the week I guess I will have to get a new sim, but would rather avoid going down that route if possible. 

Wish i I had just stuck with 3G now! 

Day 6 of not having any service, I think I am about to give up on Vodafone.

I have contracted their customs support via chat, phone call, private message on twitter, I’ve tweeted them, I have made an official complaint using the form posted above.... and nothing.  

Very disappointed. Perhaps they are just not bothered with PAYG customers?