Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number has been disconnected

M99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there 

my number has been disconnected due to f:bar s:b don’t no what that means, they sent me a text saying that I’ve been with Vodafone for 1 month now and bought my number from another provider, will my number get reconnected? 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone will only usually disconnect a payg mobile number if there has been no activity such as making calls in any 180 day period @M99 

They then contact a person to remind them no activity has been made so would then disconnect after another 90 days.

Not sure what has happened in your case !

There is a very short period of time a person can contact Vodafone to ask for the number to be re activated so contacted them NOW on 191 from a working phone, or Live Chat or ring them on their landline number which is 03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply)

After that the number is quarantined and placed in a number pool for it to be re used at some point in the future. 

Remembr to ask about your bundle and usually if a number is disconnected any Credit is lost too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

They sent me a text message saying that but not sure, there’s no network at all at the moment, I will be ringing them as soon as they open. 

Thanks for your reply. 

BandOfBrothers

Just to rule out sim.card or phone issues can you try the sim in another phone. 

And to rule out mast issues check the Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @M99

This is going to need account access to find out what has happened.

Your SIM has been barred for breaching Terms and Conditions and has been flagged by Vodafone.  Unless you have been using the SIM for other purposes. For example, in a computer to churn out multiple SMS messages, you have nothing to worry about.

Please see this previous thread with the same error.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Breaching-Vodafone-T-amp-C-s/td-p/2564738

As in the linked thread, it may be better to wait for the Team here to get to the thread, they will be in a better position to find out what has happened.  You can try live chat for quickness, this will enable you to download a transcript of the chat for your records.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@M99 - We can access your account and look into what’s happening with your number.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I have the same issue ain’t there no way of contacting them directly

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'll be happy to look into what's happened to your number @JAY7867, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch.

MY phone number has been disconnected and fraud teams till haven’t got back to me, WHAT DO I DO?!

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jordan-calvin I'm sorry to hear our Fraud team haven't contacted you yet and you're without service at the moment - I appreciate how concerning this can be. So we can get this looked into right away, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread along with your username. 

Nobody wants to be without service @Qaisarabbas78! So a member of our team can take a closer look into your query and see what's happened, please also contact us on Facebook or Twitter also using the above handle.