Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number in quarantine - need to retrieve

Haseeb786
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there. My number got quarantined by a different provider about a year ago. 

The number has now been allocated to Vodafone and is still not active (I’ve tried calling but still inactive). 

Ive had this number for 18 years and was lost due to miscommunication. Is there any way at all Vodafone can help me get this number back? 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

How did your other network manage to provide a Pac for a quarantined mobile number is the first query !

Why was it quarantined ?

You should've really got your previous network to see if they could reinstate it first. 

I think I understand your thinking on getting the number ported to another network to see if that turned it back on. If that's what you did. 

I can't see Vodafone being able to help as it was quarantined by the previous network even though they in essence took control of it now. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I moved abroad so they quarantined the number and I’ve found out the number has been reassigned to the Vodafone network in their recycled numbers. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Haseeb786

Are you sure Vodafone UK have it ?

May I ask why you think they do ?

If they do then you will need to speak with Vodafone Customer services.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Haseeb786

It's extremely unlikely you will be able to get the number back and you are going to need to let this one go.

The number may well have been returned to the originating network but when it's been a year and with there not being an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers, its likely to have been reissued and may havebeen ported again to another network and could be anywhere.

Although you moved abroad and stopped using the number, with the number being important to you, it's a shame you did not manage to keep it active.