Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number swap between payg phones

Hunshelf1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My wife and I, both on Vodafone payg, wish to swap numbers. I.e. I use her phone, but with my number. 

is it possible, and How?

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Hunshelf1

You are able to use your SIM in any phone. Just swap phones with your Wife. 

Hi Ann's,

thanks for the rapid response. Years ago, we could do this, but strongly suspect that my phone has an old fashioned SIM  and my wife's much newer one, has a microSIM?  It is called progress and it is puzzling for us old timers. 

AnnS

Hi @Hunshelf1

It sounds like you need to do a SIM swap for a new SIM.  A Vodafone store will be able to provide this, take some proof of identity. 

Thanks, will do the next time we venture out of our isolated village and go into town

BandOfBrothers

Are you wanting to swap actual phone numbers @Hunshelf1 and become the account holder of it ?

Or swap phones that you both use ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

My wife finds her phone too heavy to cart around. I would be delighted to use it instead of my much older phone. I would like to keep my number, she would like to keep hers. Both phones are registered to me, ah, these Victorian attitudes of husband knows b3st linger ion in the countryside. No, seriously, it is an accident of purchase and history.  

I am almost 100% sure that the SIM cards are not compatible, so it looks as if Ann's suggestion is what I need to go with. The nearest store is only 12 miles away and we do go ther occasionally. Thanks for the help

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone typically provides what is called a multi sim.

This is where for example a nano sim.pishes out if the micro sim as its pre cut. You'll know if that's the case at it would pop out under slight pressure @Hunshelf1 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Hunshelf1 

Sorry for my brief reply, I was not at home and as I was replying from my phone, it was difficult at the time to explain the full procedure. 

Stores are usually helpful and should put the new SIM in the phone for you and have the number transferred within 30 minutes to the new SIM.  However, if you are going to find it difficult to get to a store, there is no reason for Customer Services to be unable to send you a new blank, numberless PAYG SIM, you will then only need to contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels to complete the SIM swap for your number.  If this is an option follow this video here:  Multi SIM 

The other problem you may well have is the phone will have your Wife's contacts and she will have yours. If you ask the store, they will be able to advise how to transfer the contacts.

Thanks for your response. I will try the store sometime. After 50 plus years of marriage, I doubt if there would be any major differences in the content on our phones!