Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online Account

millhouse_scot
3: Seeker
I have had the same PAYG number for 17 years. I recently bought a new phone and also received a new sim. How do I add this new number to my online account allowing me both numbers on the same account. I have been all over my online page and can find no option available. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

With Payg you'll need to have separate accounts with different login details such as user names and passwords and email address. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @millhouse_scot

If you are wanting to use the same number on your new phone and the new phone takes a different size SIM, a Vodafone store will be able to do a SIM swap.

This will save you having to use two numbers and setting up a second online account for the new number with an alternative user name, password and email address.

millhouse_scot
Fast response, many thanks. Unfortunate answer, for me.

millhouse_scot
Thanks but to visit my nearest voda shop involves 1 hour road trip, 30 minute Ferry crossing and a 30 minute train ride.

What size sim are you using now ?

I ask as you could order a SIM card adapter which for example can make one sized sim into another as it sits into the adapter. 

Vodafone sell them in their online shop and so do eBay. 

Sim cards can be cut down but this has to be done very very carefully because if the chip is damaged the SIM card will be rendered useless. Some Highstreet shops offer this service. 

Current Phone  >

millhouse_scot
@bandofbrothers Sorry about the delay.Weather terrible so signal non existant. My sim has been cut down and is over 17 years old so its very delicate. I'd hate to lose the number. Looks like the next time I'm over the water I will look for a voda shop. Thanks for your help.

Hi @millhouse_scot

No worries. 

You'll probably be better served by a sim swap as I'm assuming that SIM card won't support 4G.  

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
I am assured that CS or Live Chat can send you a blank SIM, and you can then use the SIM Swap facility to move your long-standing number to the blank SIM. The important thing is that the SIM should be blank, rather than having had another number assigned to it.

The main problem with this advice is that I've never checked it out for myself, and I usually confine my advice to things I'm rather more confident of! I really ought to try it out, but the couple of times I've needed a replacement SIM, I've wimped out and made my way to the nearest Vodafone store - which feels a long way, but not on the scale of millhouse_scot's heroic journey.

BandOfBrothers

A good point @Annie_N

I was under the assumption that Customer service can only send out SIM cards from the pool of stock that have assigned mobile numbers. 

The ones sent with new contract tied to a new mobile phones or sent on separately for new contacts being blank. 

Current Phone  >