main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Online account error

4: Newbie

With respect how are you going to fix my issue as you have no idea of my account details. It appears from previous messages you are only fixing this on an account by account process pretty poor customer service if you ask me. 

View more options

@Dave51 As this is affecting multiple accounts we’ve invited a few people in to collate together some examples. These have then been escalated to our dedicated team, to be investigated further.

This will help fix the more wider spread issue that multiple customers are experiencing at the moment. If you’d like send over some more information regarding your issue, I’ll be more than happy to pass on this as another example. To do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I have replied as requested. How long is this likely to take to resolve.??

View more options

Still no news and still unable to access my account. Does Vodafone actually care about it's customers even though they know there is a problem ?????

View more options

@Dave51 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The first lot of examples have been sent, so the dedicated team will have already started looking into this. I'll be happy to send over your examples to them too. So I'm able to find your email in our queue, please let me know your reference number - it looks something like this [#12345678]. Once I have this, we can pass on your information. 

View more options

I filled in the form on the PM you sent me, but have not had any reference number, more poor customer service from Vodafone.

View more options

This thread ( https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Online-account-error/td-p/2604682 ) started on 12th August after I spent about two weeks with no resolution from various advisers most of whom tried to prove it was an account problem. The final resolution was on 18th August so it took about 5 weeks to resolve a standard verification issue which any vaguely competent coder code do in less than 10 minutes.

I don't know what the problem here is but I do know that it must be related to something common that has changed. If it was an account issue then it would be unlikely to show in these specifically numbered AM* accounts. 

So it will still take some time because the "dedicated team" have only just been made aware of the issues and being as dedicated as they are I'm sure they put all effort into resolving it.

I believe (have a look at this thread showing the way the problem was resolved previously) that "protocol" is more important than resolving customer problems so I'm sorry that all affected are still unable to use their services but pleased I've moved my accounts now.

I will watch with interest to see how this pans out. 

View more options

I can only find an old closed entry for this from 2016 which doesn't solve my problem. The problem is identical: When I sign onto vodafone.co.uk using my PC and check My account summary I see my name and an AM number  and the information box saying "There are currently no services being used on this account."  (I can still manage my account settings)

I have had a PAYG mobile with Vodafone for 18+ years. I have managed to hang on to my text & web freebies (yes, I know it's a miracle) which means I top up £10 and it lasts me about 2 months as I don't use much data.

I usually top up on line using my PC at vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone when I also check up on my chargeable calls and texts to see where my money has gone. (Some can be claimed against tax. ) I can now no longer do any of that. It first happened about 3 weeks ago and is still ongoing. When I opened up a chat message I was told that it's a online technical problem that should be fixed in the next 24 hours. Really?????? Can anyone help please? If I can't check what chargeable calls texts & date I've used then staying with vodafone is not viable. Many thanks.

View more options

@Dave51 Have you checked your email's Junk and Spam folders for any automated emails back from us when you submitted the form? You should've received an email acknowledging your form submission and this would have a unique reference number in the subject field. 

View more options

@SuperStomper That's a strange error, I'm sorry this is causing you issues with your My Vodafone online account. We'd love to help get this fixed for you. I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to get in touch with us securely, please follow the steps included and we'll see what's causing this odd error. 

View more options

I have checked all folders and nothing there so I have just resubmitted it  but so far no acknowledge email back so looks like another problem with Vodafone customer service. So what happens now?????

View more options

Ok so submitted form twice and both times message on screen to say thankyou for submitting and they would be intouch ???? Now I am unable to even log into my account come on Vodafone sort it out 

View more options

It not that strange as a number of people including me have same issue.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Online-account-error/m-p/2629980/highlight/false#M8945

If you are lucky enough to fix it please post on here thanks

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

I also ran into this when trying (reluctantly) to submit details of two AM-numbered accounts affected by this error.

Things you can try, in order to get your form accepted, include clearing cache and cookies, trying it from a different device, trying it from a different browser, trying it from a different email address (eg don't use yahoo for the second attempt if it didn't work the first time). The acknowledgement email, when you finally hit on a successful means of sending the form, is pretty much instantaneous, so you should know very quickly whether you have succeeded.

I don't understand the lunacy involved in this - take a self-evident problem, insist against the evidence that it's probably account-related rather than account-number related, insist on proof that the problem exists, put obscure obstacles in the way of submitting the proof - somehow good customer service seems to get lost in some inappropriate standard operating procedures. All that's required is to report to the programmers that they have again forgotten to allow for the AM-numbered accounts.

Later today I hope to have a moment to take screenshots, as requested, to prove that I have a problem, and to record timestamps for a few instances of the error, just in case it only occurs at certain phases of the moon, or whatever we're looking for.

View more options

I agree. Trying to get past these obstacles just to report a problem is so tiresome. When it is obvious there is a problem.

It's clear that I am not getting an acknowledgement email with a reference number. But as soon as I have entered the form the webpage says thankyou for submitting your details. I have never known such an unhelpful company when customers are having problems. Even when people like you are telling them what the problem is

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

Screen snips, taken on my 2nd account, at approx 11.25 am today. I get the same sequence of screens for my main account, but it's more of a palaver using it, as I have to have the security code sent to my 2nd account, and that phone is not routinely switched on.Security verification.jpgNo services2.JPGThe numbers offered in the first shot are my alternative contact numbers, the actual number associated with my account does not appear. The second shot shows the error message and the AM account number.

View more options

I don't think this is just a problem specific to me so I don't see why it should seem strange. I have sent you the info you asked for and hope for you to get this sorted for me. Thanks.

View more options

ok i have tried to submit a reply to the PM the mods sent for the third time

Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

But again no email reference number. I only have a @btinternet email so I understand that vodafone tech is not good enough or up to date to deal with these accounts. so perhaps the mods could kindly tell me what to do next,

perhaps it would be to obvious to PM me or email me direct so I can give you the information you need. That is if you are serious about helping me.

Thank you

View more options

I too am having the same issue as the person that posted the original thread so there clearly is a problem with the online service. If I try to get a balance reading on my phone it is all gobbledegook so I thought I would check online using my PC and I am not able to check the balance. Last week I topped up by £10 as I had been unable to make any calls (a friend of mine had the same issue last week and they had plenty of credit on their phone) but I assumed that maybe I didn't and topped up. Currently I have no way of checking my usage, balance or anything else much because of the message stated on the original thread. Help please. 

View more options

Same here, no services on my ten year old PAYG account for sim in my burglar alarm.

Talked to three agents who have reset my account etc. to no effect.

View more options