Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Order SIM to Slovakia

vokorokos
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

as first I want to apologize for my English, it is not my primary language :Smiling: I have 2 questions:

1) I want to ask if it is possible to order Vodafone PAYG SIM card to Slovakia from vodafone website or it is possible order only to UK.

2) I want to use this SIM card only for my 14 days vacation in Turkey with PAYG 1 plan, mainly for cellular data (500mb/day for £1). I will never use this SIM card in UK or another country, maybe only every year for 14 days in Turkey. Can I get some extra fees from Vodafone for using it as I wrote?

Thank you.

Voky, Slovakia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Your friends wouldn't get into any trouble.

Vodafone are happy to provide roaming and have terms and conditions for this.

See T&C's.

Be aware roaming isn't meant for long term. 

Vodafone and travelling-abroad.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @vokorokos

With Vodafone being a UK network it is only possible to send SIM cards to a UK address. The SIM card would also have to be activated in the UK on the local network. 

You would be better off getting a SIM in your country and use the SIM for your Turkey roaming. 

BandOfBrothers

If you know someone in the UK then they could pick up a Vodafone Payg UK Sim card , activate it by tipping it up and perhaps make a call or send a text to ensure its activated and ask the Vodafone shop to activate roaming and then they post it to you @vokorokos 

Your phone would need to be unlocked to all network's to use it.

Current Phone  >

Hi, 

thank you for your replies

@AnnS, in my country, I found the cheapest data plan for 5€/day with 50mb, because Turkey is not a part of European Union. So I want to find some another cheaper solution.

@BandOfBrothers, your solution was my backup plan, I have some friends in UK. But I'm scared if there are not some extra fees for using data (maybe 1gb per vacation) only in roaming. I do not want to get my friend in to the troubles :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Your friends wouldn't get into any trouble.

Vodafone are happy to provide roaming and have terms and conditions for this.

See T&C's.

Be aware roaming isn't meant for long term. 

Vodafone and travelling-abroad.

Current Phone  >