main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

Order SIM to Slovakia

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

as first I want to apologize for my English, it is not my primary language :Smiling: I have 2 questions:

1) I want to ask if it is possible to order Vodafone PAYG SIM card to Slovakia from vodafone website or it is possible order only to UK.

2) I want to use this SIM card only for my 14 days vacation in Turkey with PAYG 1 plan, mainly for cellular data (500mb/day for £1). I will never use this SIM card in UK or another country, maybe only every year for 14 days in Turkey. Can I get some extra fees from Vodafone for using it as I wrote?

Thank you.

Voky, Slovakia

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Your friends wouldn't get into any trouble.

Vodafone are happy to provide roaming and have terms and conditions for this.

See T&C's.

Be aware roaming isn't meant for long term. 

Vodafone and travelling-abroad.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @vokorokos

With Vodafone being a UK network it is only possible to send SIM cards to a UK address. The SIM card would also have to be activated in the UK on the local network. 

You would be better off getting a SIM in your country and use the SIM for your Turkey roaming. 

View more options
Highlighted

If you know someone in the UK then they could pick up a Vodafone Payg UK Sim card , activate it by tipping it up and perhaps make a call or send a text to ensure its activated and ask the Vodafone shop to activate roaming and then they post it to you @vokorokos 

Your phone would need to be unlocked to all network's to use it.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi, 

thank you for your replies

@AnnS, in my country, I found the cheapest data plan for 5€/day with 50mb, because Turkey is not a part of European Union. So I want to find some another cheaper solution.

@BandOfBrothers, your solution was my backup plan, I have some friends in UK. But I'm scared if there are not some extra fees for using data (maybe 1gb per vacation) only in roaming. I do not want to get my friend in to the troubles :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

Your friends wouldn't get into any trouble.

Vodafone are happy to provide roaming and have terms and conditions for this.

See T&C's.

Be aware roaming isn't meant for long term. 

Vodafone and travelling-abroad.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options