Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC code refused for PAYG

Neilrobinson83
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I received a PAYG sim for Vodafone and registered last Friday, the aim of this was to transfer my number from EE contract to a PAYG sim temporarily until I received my new contract phone.

i have had the number ported to the Vodafone sim however I have since ordered a new contract phone so contacted Vodafone to request my PAC code for the PAYG sim however they are refusing and saying I need to be a Vodafone customer for 30days minimum before they will provide the PAC code.

i can't see anything in the terms and conditions about this, anyone else had these issues?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Neilrobinson83

If you are wanting to transfer a PAYG number to a contract, you don't need a PAC code, a PAC code is only used when porting out to an alternative network. The number can easily be transferred by completing the form below or by using live chat or calling Vodafone on 191.

Keep my number

Thanks for the info however I'm looking to take my number back to EE as i got a good deal on my new phone with them.

AnnS

Hi @Neilrobinson83

That wasn't clear.

There should be no reason for Vodafone refusing to give a PAC code before 30 days, the only thing you need to do is to get the SIM active on the network, this is going to mean a top up and some chargeable activity.

@Neilrobinson83

You should only need to make a few calls or send a few texts from the added credit. 

That's what I thought however customer service keep advising that they cannot do it as the sim has online been active since last Friday and I need to be a customer for 30 days before they will give me my PAC code.

i have not topped up the sim yet so maybe this is why however my old number has ported to the new sim and I'm able to receive calls on it.

you mention that this may be chargeable?

Chargeable as in making calls, sending texts or using data. 

As per Ofcoms Guidelines a Network cannot refuse a Pac code being issued and must do so immediately over the phone or within 2 hours by text. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the replies on this, much appreciated.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The 30-day business has to be wrong, but maybe the agent(s) can't see that your number is active on the network, and are inventing that as an explanation! Your best option would probably be to buy a £5 Big Value Bundle which you can do here, choosing Phone, then Buy First BVB. Then you can make a few calls, send a few texts, and I hope you should get a sensible answer.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If the number is registered against your details then as Band Of Brothers has already said, a PAC code cannot be refused. I'd like to think this issue is long resolved but if not, call back and raise a complaint. 

Thanks for the advice, i kept ringing customer service/cancellation team and eventually spoke to the right person who sorted this out and have since got and used my pac code.