Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAY AS YOU GO

Lotty
1: Seeker

I need to buy  a new mobile ( Moto E4plus) at the moment I use Classic PAYG. Can I still use this type of PAYG on this phone. I do not want to buy a 'Bundle' as the phone is not used that much.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lotty

Yes.

The tariff is on the SIM card and is designed to be used on the phone as long as it’ll accept a Vodafone SIM card or is unlocked. 

And that the size SIM card your using will fit in that phone which takes a nano SIM card. 

If not any Vodafone Highstreet Store can sim swap which is moving the tariff and number to the correct sized SIM card. 

Edit > If you want to curb data use then there’s the option of turning Off Mobile Data in the phones settings , options in your myvodafone and the phone may let you set preferences for its apps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Lotty

If you buy via Vodafone, you will have a choice between paying for a £10 credit for the PAYG 1 tariff, or buying a Big Value Bundle of a minimum value of £10 - you should go for the PAYG 1 option, and then decide whether your pattern of usage will be better with that option or opting out and running in the basic "classic" PAYG mode.

TBH, I can't think of any downside to PAYG 1 for very light usage - see details on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/index.htm