cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG - Can I view texts sent to me, online?

TopplyTop
2: Seeker

I am not a Vodafone customer yet but I'd like to know if I can see texts that are sent to me, via a Vodafone webpage/website/portal, with a Pay As You Go SIM. I may occasonally need to send texts back, via the same webpage too, but not often.

I won't always have my phone with me, but I will almost always have web access, so I just want to know if this option is possible with a Vodafone PAYG SIM.

If it is, please can you guide me with all the steps that I need to follow.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

TopplyTop

It would be handy if I can top up my account via the same webpage too.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @TopplyTop 

Unfortunately not.

Text messages are forwarded from the message centre to the phone receiving the message.  There may be some suggestions available online, but you need to be careful in case they are a scam, the last thing anyone would want is unauthorised access to a confidential text message (an example would be form your bank).

As far as topping up is concerned, this can be done online here: PAYG Top Up

So is that just Vodafone or all mobile phone companies?

AnnS

Hi @TopplyTop 

You would need to ask the other mobile Co's but would have though it would be. 

As I said, look online Google seems to know just about everything. Also look at the Play Store, you never know there may be an application.  You do need to be careful here, your messages are confidential.

A workaround would be to send and receive as email. 

I did search, with different search text, before joining this forum and found nothing.

I have an iphone so will search on the app store.

Receving texts as emails would work just as well.

I don't know the sender's email or the ID of the text message (it will come from a bank). Its just for logging in to my bank account when I am not in the UK.

Do you know how I can set up this text to email?

AnnS

Hi @TopplyTop 

The messages would have neded to have been sent as email to your email address.

If you are not receiving OTP's form your bank, you will need to take this up with your bank, as part of phishing and fraud prevention bank's have changed their security, you will need to add your UK phone as a trusted device.  

The problem may be sending the OTP when you are out of the UK and on a roaming network, but providing you are using your UK phone, you should be able to receive the OTP.

When I logged onto my Lloyds account using my PC, I was asked if I wanted to trust this device or do additional checks, it may be you are using a computer and ISP not associated with the account.

I am not ususally in the UK and do not have a UK mobile at present.

But I have UK bank account and when I need access to my account online, the bank wants to send me a code each time I want to login. This is causing problems for me as currently, I use a friend's mobile number as my mobile number for my bank and they message me the code. But its a hassle to do that each time, for both of us and I cannot login anytime I want (my friend may not be available when I want to login, or they are sleeping, working, big time zone differences, etc).

I have found some apps that can do what I want, but they are not sutiable for me (too intrusive, too costly, need to use google, etc).

AnnS

Hi @TopplyTop

This will be a bank issue, as you do not have a UK Vodafone number or UK mobile number to prevent phishing and fraud banks will not send the OTP code to an overseas number.

The method of sending the code through your friend works. You need to talk to your bank, it's not a mobile issue.