main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

PAYG Connected - but NOT Connected !!

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

My payg number was disconnected last summer because I didn't use it enough.  In January I contacted vodafone via Chat and was told it could be reconnected and would be live again in 24-48 hours.  I waited, it didn't happen !

I contacted them again via Chat, this time I was told the sim must be faulty and to go into store, where they would be able to give me a new sim and YES it would be connected to my number.

I went into store, got the new sim and when I put it into the phone I believed it to be working because it no longer said invalid sim  it said vodafone uk, Hurray!!  I rang it from my other phone, it worked fine, I sent it a text, no problem, just needed to top up - No Chance !!

I tried topping up using all options except voucher and atm.  No joy.  I contacted vodafone - they couldn't work out what the problem was, but gave me a free 20 mins as a Good Will Gesture !! - Can't use it - phone won't ring out or text or top up !! 

SO I have been into store twice, I have had many Chat sessions, with tech team, payg team and no Joy.

HERE'S THE WEIRD BIT - I can get text messages (and phone calls) from any other phone BUT NOT FROM VODAFONE!!!  Even though I keep explaining this to them, they still always want me to quote back the security code they have TEXTED to me.

I've had 2 new sim cards - when I tried to top up using 2345 it tells me that my brand new sim has expired.

So now, they are supposed to have disconnected then reconnected the number and that should have been done by lunch time today, GUESS WHAT, still can't call out or text or top up.

Any suggestions, or help would be really appreciated.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hello @ArDec

Unfortunatley once a Payg Account has been deactivated due to non usage it can be quite a journey to Get it re connected and working. 

Its now always successful. 

Something I would consider if all else fails is asking Vodafone Customer Services on the phone for a Pac and give that to a new network and once hopefully its up and running with the new network then Pac back to Vodafone. I can't guarantee this will help. 

It's really up to you how much time and effort your willing to invest in trying to get the original Payg number working again. 

Some I've spoken to have basically dumped the sim and picked up a new Payg SIM card and started again with a new number. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Hello @ArDec

Unfortunatley once a Payg Account has been deactivated due to non usage it can be quite a journey to Get it re connected and working. 

Its now always successful. 

Something I would consider if all else fails is asking Vodafone Customer Services on the phone for a Pac and give that to a new network and once hopefully its up and running with the new network then Pac back to Vodafone. I can't guarantee this will help. 

It's really up to you how much time and effort your willing to invest in trying to get the original Payg number working again. 

Some I've spoken to have basically dumped the sim and picked up a new Payg SIM card and started again with a new number. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @ArDec, i'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Pay as you go SIM. It sounds like there's been a porting issue when your SIM was re-acvtivated but I'd like to make sure for definite. I've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team directly.

View more options
2: Seeker

After not getting any useful information or help with this matter - I did get a PAC and moved the number to Three.

It works fine - won't be changing back to vodafone either !!!

Thanks for the advice

View more options

@ArDec It's really disappointing to hear you've left us and I'm sorry we were unable to get this resolved for you.

I'll be sure to pass on feedback regarding the experience you had with your Pay as you go account. 

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

View more options