Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Roaming

GTR_NC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

While I'm on contract with Vodafone my partner has a PAYG SIM. We're heading off to the Isle of Man in August and although I now know that my contract SIM will be able to be used with no extra charge,(new regulations) what's the deal with PAYG SIM's? Last year we had all sorts of problems with the PAYG side of things and I would like it sorted before we head off in a few weeks.....

Cheers for the comments before they come in..

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @GTR_NC

This link may help when looking at roaming > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/

The points to check are....

Roaming Bars have been removed from the Vodafone Account. 

The phone being used has frequencies and bands that will work on the other networks.

Unlock the phone to all networks just in case you need to use a local SIM card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@GTR_NC

In the past, the situation with the Isle of Man has been complex, to say the least. Now, IoM is simply within the Europe Zone, and roaming there will be covered by your UK allowances, whether on PayM or PAYG. If, by any chance, your wife finds she is charged for calls which should be covered, she'll be able to get the charges refunded on her return, but I'd hope that any teething problems with the 11 June rules would be sorted by the time you travel.