Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG bundle/credit expiry dates.

Gavinbroad
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi All,

If I were to buy  a SIM and add some credit on the 27th of July, when would the bundle/credit expire?

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Gavinbroad 

PAYG credit does not expire, but you need to make sure the phone is used for a chargeable activity to prevent the SIM being disconnected for non use.  If you refer to the PAYG Terms and Conditions here PAYG Terms and Conditions this will be explained.

I would suggest keeping to PAYG 1 when you add the credit, then providing you just make a chargeable activity to active the SIM but don't use the phone for outgoing activity after the first call, your credit will pretty well last as long as you want it, just make sure you keep the mobile data turned off and your WiFi on, this will prevent any connection  to the mobile internet incurring the daily £1.00 charge.  There is further information for you here: PAYG 1

If you are going to be using the phone on a regular basis I would suggest purchasing a 30 day Big Value Bundle with your credit Vodafone Big Value

Also further information here: Welcome to Vodafone

Thanks for your reply AnnS!

If I buy a bundle on (say) the 20th of July, when does that bundle expire?

I am asking because I also have a Virgin SIM and if I bought a bundle on the 20th of July, it would expire in the 31st, which I think is rather odd.

Thanks again,

Gavin

AnnS

Hi @Gavinbroad 

I don't know how Virgin Bundles work but if you purchased a bundle with Vodafone it will expire after 30 days.  If you have credit on the phone, Vodafone woud automatically take the credit at midnight for the next bundle on the 30th day.

The information will be on the Big Value link.

@Gavinbroad 

If you purchased a bundle on the 20th, it will expire on the 30th day the following month.  If you have the My Vodafone phone application installed and have your online account set up you will be able to see all the information on your remaining credit and active bundles.

So if I buy a bundle on the 20th (for example), it will expire on the 20th of the following month?

If this is true, then I need to port my number to Vodafone.  I don't live in the UK and only keep the Virgin number because it has never expired, even though their T&Cs say it ought to.  Call them and I get offshored to the Philippines which is less than ideal.

TIA

Gavin

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gavinbroad As you've mentioned you don't live in the UK, you won't be able to transfer your number across to us as you'll need to be connected to the Vodafone UK network for this to be processed and for your SIM card to be activated. Roaming abroad is also meant for periodic travel and isn't designed for a semi-permanent or permanent basis. You can check out more of our Pay as you go Ts&Cs here.

Hello Loz,

If I get a PAYG number and keep it active, according to your T&Cs, can I not then port my number across?

TIA

Gavin

AnnS

Hi @Gavinbroad 

As mentioned by @Loz  you can't. You don't live in the UK and it would be impossible to even port a number  when you are overseas, this has to be done on the local UK network.  There are also the added problems of the SIM needing to connect to the UK network to active and the fact you will be more or less permanently on a roaming network, with it being a UK service, you are expected to be in the UK for most of the time.

You would be better off with a SIM on a network for the country you are in.  If you return to the UK, then you will be in a better position to get a UK network service.