Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG with PAC code

moonlit-knight
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I would like to join Vodafone but want to go on PAYG and just wondered what options are available to me. I need to keep my existing number and have a pac code.

If I buy a Vodafone sim from a shop, can I get my existing number ported on to it? Or do I need to buy a payg bundle with a sim direct from Vodafone? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @moonlit-knight 

Yes pick up a Vodafone Payg Sim Card from a Vodafone Highstreet Store or any convenience store that has them or order one online via Vodafone Free Sim. 

Choose which Payg Tariff suits you i.e Big Value Bundle or Payg1

Vodafone Payg options. 

Once your topped up thus activated the Vodafone Sim Card make some activity such as making a call or sending a text to make sure it's fully activated i.e working then supply the Pac given to you by your current network ( please note it's valid for 30 days ) to Vodafone and they'll port your number from your current network to Vodafone.

Keep My Number. 

Customer Services- Contact-us. 

How-do-I-join-Vodafone-with-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hello @moonlit-knight 

Yes pick up a Vodafone Payg Sim Card from a Vodafone Highstreet Store or any convenience store that has them or order one online via Vodafone Free Sim. 

Choose which Payg Tariff suits you i.e Big Value Bundle or Payg1

Vodafone Payg options. 

Once your topped up thus activated the Vodafone Sim Card make some activity such as making a call or sending a text to make sure it's fully activated i.e working then supply the Pac given to you by your current network ( please note it's valid for 30 days ) to Vodafone and they'll port your number from your current network to Vodafone.

Keep My Number. 

Customer Services- Contact-us. 

How-do-I-join-Vodafone-with-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @moonlit-knight 

Welcome to Vodafone. 

You can get a free SIM from this link: Vodafone PAYG 

Please see here:

How do I join Vodafone with a PAC or STAC? 

Keep My Number 

When you have the SIM, complete the form on the keep my number link to port the number to Vodafone, this generally takes 24 hours. 

You are able to set up an account before your number ports, when the number ports the account will automatically change to the new ported number. I would also recommend downloading the My Vodafone Application you can top up and manage the account from there.  There is further information on getting started here:  Getting started with Vodafone 

Thanks very much Band Of Brothers and AnnS

Both replies were straight forward and had easy to follow instructions.  It seems like a simple thing to do with regard to keeping my existing number. 

Thanks again

No worries @moonlit-knight 

Also when porting in please be aware this wouldn't happen over a weekend.

As a fellow customer may I Welcome you to Vodafone Uk.

Getting-started with Vodafone. 

https://rewards.vodafone.co.uk/catalogue 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers 

Thank you, but I’m not exactly a newbie to Vodafone 😁

Up until last July I had been on a contract with Vodafone for over 30 years! I made a big mistake when I moved house and got a virgin media SIM card as part of a home broadband package, but the signal here is awful on EE, which is the network they use.

Hence my return to Vodafone which has a great signal here!