Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG

Harryba
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want a cheap PAYG phone for occassional use.  Argos sell a couple for £5 plus £10 Vodaphone airtime in what they call 'Big Value Bundle SIM'.  I want to know if this credit lasts indefinitely or does it expire after a fixed period.  I've researched it and found 30 days, 3 months, 6 months and indefinitely.  I'd be grateful if someone could confirm the right answer.  I'm aware that if you don't use the number if will get deleted but again I've heard 30 days, 1 month and 6 months!

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @Harryba, if you're looking at one of our Pay as you Go Bundles, you just need to top up and select the bundle that you require. All of the bundles last 30 days and they range from £10 - £40. If you're wanting the £10 bundle, just top up £10 and select the bundle, your credit will then show as £0.00. We can automatically renew the bundle every 30 days until you decide otherwise. All of the Pay as you Go Bundles and more information can be found here.

If you didn't want to add a bundle, you can use your credit on our standard rates, known as Pay as you Go 1. This will give you unlimited UK minutes, unlimited UK text messages and 50MB of day for £1 a day. You will only be charged on the days that you use the services. 

Thank you Mark that's very clear.  I only want the PAYG1 scheme but it seems you have to start with a £10 bundle then change after a month.

Thanks for getting back to us @Harryba, some of our resellers require you to top-up or purchase a bundle if you're wanting a device. Just check the terms when you place the order, most will let you change after the 30 days. 

If you're not wanting a device, visit our website directly and request a free SIM Card here. When you have the SIM Card, you'll automatically be put on the Pay as you Go 1 service. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

To add to the reply from @MarkD 

Before topping up the trick is to opt out of the Big Vale Bundle, otherwise Vodafone will immediately convert your credit to a 30 day Big Value Bundle, this is explained here: Vodafone PAYG as you will only be wanting the phone for occasional use, you will want your credit to last as long as possible using PAYG 1 where you will only be charged for outgoing calls and texts.  It is also advisable to turn off your mobile data, if the phone connects to the internet, Vodafone will class this as outgoing and take £1.00 of your credit.  You can find how to opt out here: How do I remove my Big Value Bundle? 

Also further information for you here: Getting Started