Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PLEASE HELP Talkmobile Vodafone Split Port

KH0
3: Seeker

In August of 2016 I asked Vodafone for a PAC code to transfer my number from PAYG phone, which I wanted to transfer to a Talkmobile (TM) contract that I had taken out in May 2016. I received the PAC code in August 2016 and telephoned TM to apply the transfer code. All went well with the transfer and after having my phone off as instructed for 24 hours my old number was then active on the TM network as one would expect.

As TM is a virtual network provider using the Vodafone network everything is similar except when dialing 191 or 121 you get TM profile voice prompts rather than the normal Vodafone prompts if you were an actual Vodafone customer.

In October 2016 I started to receive billing texts from Vodafone and then a text saying a SIM swap was in progress. The next day my number was disconnected from the TM network, however, if I called my number it was answered by a PAYG user on the Vodafone network. I called Vodafone who asked me for the account details for the number, I explained to customer support that I had transferred my number to TM in August and asked what was going on. I was told that I would have to take this up with TM as my information was not that registered to the current account holder of my number on the Vodafone network. I asked for some clarification of what had happened and was told that the transfer of my number did not happen from their records and that they has re-issued my number to another user on the Vodafone network. I was advised to contact TM and to explain the situation and they would be able to speak to the porting team at Vodafone and resolve the situation.

I contacted TM at the end of October 2016 explained the situation, and after many calls and a month going by, I was issued a new SIM and was then reconnected to the TM network once more. I was advised by TM that the other user on the Vodafone network would be issued a new number and the problem would not re-occur.

In early December I noticed that all the voice prompts had changed once again to Vodafone style, and two days later I received another bill text from Vodafone and then later the same day another SIM swap in progress text. My phone was disconnected from the TM network the next day, and once again I could dial my number and speak to the Vodafone user who had been issued my number. Once again I contacted TM and asked them to get this sorted out once and for all. I was disconnected for a further 3 weeks before I received a phone call from a TM senior manager to say that they had been notified by Vodafone that the issue had been resolved and a new SIM was on its way and after activation no further issues would be experienced. Just before Christmas 2016 I was activated back on the TM network. 

Everything went well until mid January 2017 when another repeat performance was experienced, Bill texts from Vodafone, followed by a SIM swap message and then a disconnection from the Vodafone network.

This time I was disconnected until early February, I was assured by TM that Vodafone had finally sorted out all the issues and no further problems would occur. A new SIM was issued by TM and I was reconnected to the TM network and have had no further issues until today.

Today 28th February 2017 I have once again received a text with the billing information for the Vodafone user with my number. Two hours later I received another text thanking me for requesting a SIM swap and if I did not request this swap to phone a number. I tried calling the number but when I am prompted to enter my number the recorded message says this is not a PAYG number and disconnects me, so I have no way of talking to Vodafone to see if they can help me to resolve the issue. I fully expect by tomorrow morning I will be once again disconnected from the TM network and the Vodafone user will once again be reconnected.

I am going out of my mind with this problem I have only had 26 days service in the last 106 days. I am constantly on the phone to TM support and have written to their head office twice. TM seem incapable of resolving the issue and I cannot get through to talk to Vodafone to see if they can help me, as the automated system no longer recognises my number.

As a last resort I writing this post to see if anyone within the Vodafone organisation can help me?

This is a ridiculous situation as I guess the Vodafone user is as fed up as I am at being disconnected every few weeks. I was a Vodafone customer for 25 years with no issues prior to moving to TM and now realise my mistake, though I have to live with it as my contract with TM has still more than a year to run.

Any advise will be welcomed

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @KH0

I'm not surprised your stressed at those sequence of events. 

Once you give the PAC Code that Vodafone supplied to your new network they take full responsibility for the mobile number and your new account. 

This sounds like it's going to be a very complicate situation to remedy. 

Your new network should be owning the issue and resolving it for you. 

We have Vodafone Tech Teams on the Community Forum but I'm unsure on how much they are going to be able to help on this. Hopefully they'll be able to guide you. They are a small team so please hang in there. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add...

Vodafone Landline Tel :03333040191

When using the Vodafone Landline number key in your Vodafone mobile number after prompted OR if issues exist where the IVR System will not recognise the mobile number then you can opt to ignore the initial prompts to type in the mobile number, and then on approx the 4th request it should then change to ask to input 1 for Payg or 2 for Contract Customers.

General enquiries: Monday to Sunday 8am – 9pm

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your quick replies and I will try to contact Vodafone on the number you have supplied, however I don't hold out much hope of getting anywhere with a call as when I have tried previously I could not get anywhere as ny details do not match that of the Vodafone user who has been given my number. Its a kind of catch 22 situation I am in.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

Using the landline line will get you through to a frontline agent who should then be able to get some escalation on Vodafones end at least. 

Current Phone  >

Well I dialed the number and followed the instructions and finally did got through to speak to someone. After over an hour on the call I ended up speaking to 5 different departments before I ended up talking to a lady in business contract retentions ( how I got put through there I have no idea). Anyway she listened to my story and found my original account number on the PAYG system. I explained that I was at the end of my tether with this situation. She was able to put me through to the porting department and advised me to ask them to find my original account with the number she had given me and not to authenticate using my phone number which would be registered to the new users account.

I finally got through to a support person in Porting who was able to bring up both my old PAYG account and the new Vodafone users account both which showed the same phone number. I explained my sad tale as documented above, and that I was about to be disconnected once again, because their customer was about to be re-connected.

The porting support person has logged the issue and has passed it through to the porting administration department who are going to give the new Vodafone user a call to get his permission to give me my number back. I was told to expect a call back from Vodafone in due course when they had spoken to their customer.

I still have no confidence that this issue will get resolved any time soon but thanks to you I was able to finally speak to someone who understood things at Vodafone. I will keep the thread updated.

I received a call from the Vodafone Porting department (on the 1st March 2017) to say that they had looked into my reported problems but they didn't think it was a Porting issue. I said I don't know what the issue is but you re-issued my number in October 2016 to a customer on the Vodafone network, after it was transferred to TM in August 2016.  Since October 2016 we have been knocking each other of the Network each and every month when we complain about no service, then get a new SIM and get reconnected. 

Yes I understand the porting administration adviser said, but since we cannot do anything to help I an just telling you the situation and I am passing this issue to the Customer Relations Team, they will call you within 24 hours, and attempt to sort it out.

On 2nd March 2016 I left my phone at home as I had to attend an important meeting and because I also expected to be disconnected from the TM network as the Vodafone user had requested a SIM swap and I was getting texts from Vodafone to say it would go ahead within 24 hours.

As soon as I had walked out of the door to attend my meeting my wife noticed an inbound text from the Vodafone Customer Relations Department giving the name of the representative saying they would call within 30 minutes to discuss "My Complaint".

Sure enough the phone rang and my wife answered it. The VCR representative was asking to speak to the named individual who has my number on the Vodafone network. My wife explained that it was me that he really needed to speak to, and I wasn't available at that moment. My wife told the VCR representative that this whole situation was ridiculous and to get it sorted out. He replied yes we will try to get it sorted out and will phone you back again within 24 hours.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KH0 - I’m disappointed to hear what’s happened.

If Customer Relations are looking into this, we’re unable to intervene.

Have they called you back since your last post above? Although we can’t intervene whilst they’re investigating, we can contact them on your behalf if this needs following up.

Jenny my post that you replied to and then a post I made to you appeared then have been removed am I being moderated. I posted my last post again and that has gone again too?

KH0

I received a call from the Vodafone Porting department (on the 1st March 2017) to say that they had looked into my reported problems but they didn't think it was a Porting issue. I said I don't know what the issue is but you re-issued my number in October 2016 to a customer on the Vodafone network, after it was transferred to TM in August 2016.  Since October 2016 we have been knocking each other of the Network each and every month when we complain about no service, then get a new SIM and get reconnected. 

Yes I understand the porting administration adviser said, but since we cannot do anything to help I an just telling you the situation and I am passing this issue to the Customer Relations Team, they will call you within 24 hours, and attempt to sort it out.

On 2nd March 2016 I left my phone at home as I had to attend an important meeting and because I also expected to be disconnected from the TM network as the Vodafone user had requested a SIM swap and I was getting texts from Vodafone to say it would be activated within 24 hours.

As soon as I had walked out of the door to attend my meeting my wife noticed an inbound text from the Vodafone Customer Relations Department giving the name of the representative saying they would call within 30 minutes to discuss "My Complaint".

Sure enough the phone rang and my wife answered it. The VCR representative was asking to speak to the named individual who has my number on the Vodafone network. My wife explained that it was me that he really needed to speak to and I wasn't available at that moment. My wife told the VCR representative that this whole situation was ridiculous and to get it sorted out. He replied yes we will try to get it sorted out and will phone you back again within 24 hours.