Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay Go mobile broadband to Pay go 1

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

Hi, 

Me again... So I have a bit of a dilema - I have a Pay Go mobile broadband/dongle sim card that's active and working and I want to switch to Pay Go 1 but it appears impossible to do so. Spoken to CS whom said it's not possible and that I have to get a pac number and port out and back and so he put me through to pay go retensions....

Retensions said the same thing, can't change plan but can give me a pac number so I say ok, I will port out and port back in...

Retentions said there is a work around and that would be to disconnect the number/account and set it back up as Pay go 1 and I would keep the number. Does this sound correct? I was told this would be done in the next 24/48 hours. What's weird is I keep getting texts on the number telling me to text PAYG1 to 49503 but they never send. 😕

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

That all sounds a bit confusing @WelshPaul, - one of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into your options.

Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

WelshPaul

@TJ wrote:

That all sounds a bit confusing @WelshPaul, - one of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into your options.

Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi @TJ and thank you for taking the time to reply to my query...

True to her word, the sim/account was terminated today and re-setup a new and i'm now on the pay go 1 tarriff. Yay 😁 

It appears though that when Vodafone re-setup the account, Vodafone added the following address to my account:

XX

XX
XX
XX
LONDON
LONDON
XX
UNITED KINGDOM

I selected the "Add new address" option in my vodafone and added my correct address again but now I have two addresses listed in my vodafone account ("Your current address" and "Your previous address"). My home address is now correctly listed under the "Your current address" section but I have the london address listed under the "Your previous address" section. Will this cause a problem in the future if I decide to go pay monthly and a credit check is done? I have lived at this address for the past 17 years and have never lived in London.

TJ

That's great @WelshPaul, I'm happy to hear you've been switched over. Your address details shouldn't make any difference to your ability to take out a Pay monthly line in the future, as with a Pay as you go account we don't actually need any registered details 👍 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to pop back and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. 

WelshPaul

Thanks for the reply...

I received a callback yesterday from Vodafone to confirm that everything was working and it is. I mentioned the address and was told that it's a fake address used by Vodafone when an address is required on an account that has no address defined. I wasn't sure if Vodafone would use the addresses listed in my pay go account if moving to pay monthly in the future and if they did would this cause an issue for me and my credit file, was told no. 

TJ

You're welcome @WelshPaul - it's always better to double check! I'm glad everything's been cleared up for you. You know where to get in touch if you need any help in the future 😊