Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go 1

divo19
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I want to know why Vodafone took £1 from my balance, telling me that I had sent someone a text message, when I most definitely did not. This has happened to me twice. I spent the rest of my balances on every Pay as you go 1 SIMs, on apps, then removed them from my phones. Is this some sort of scam that is going on? Disgraceful!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @divo19 

Your not alone with this issue unfortunately.

I don't belive it's a scam but it has something to do with Vodafone systems.

Perhaps take a look at some existing threads on the forum.

Pay-as-you-go/Losing-1-a-day-of-credit. 

Pay-as-you-go/Money-disappearing-from-account. 

Pay-as-you-go/Me-Too-Being-charged-with-Data-switched-off 

My advice is to speak with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries so that they can access your account and help you from their.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks very much your reply. I see that I am not the only one who has been having this issue. It never happened to me prior to the change made to the costs of Pay as you go 1. This ought to be investigated. I don't see why Vodafone can't offer ordinary or standard Pay as you go, because I have this with both 02 and EE. Straight pay as you go. One text on 02 costs only 2p. This is suitable for people like myself who have spare phones that they don't use much, as it allows them to ensure that they don't lose their number.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @divo19 

Vodafone have been made aware of this by the very nature of your own post and others.

Totally appreciate your viewpoint.

I wish you and the others affected all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks very much. I was in touch with Vodafone, via Twitter. Someone told me that their triage team shall be looking into this. Hopefully, it shall be sorted out soon. It must be, as you said, a fault on their part.

Forgot to say, best regards to you. 😊