Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go Wifi?

BrandonOverton7
1: Seeker
Hi. I've recently moved in with my Nan but she doesn't have wifi in the house so I'm unable to play online on my xbox. I'm wodering if there is any sort of pay as you go wifi that Vodafone offer that is strong enough to let me play online on my xbox? Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

BrandonOverton7
Hi. I've recently moved in with my Nan but she doesn't have wifi in the house so I'm unable to play online on my xbox. I'm wodering if there is any sort of pay as you go wifi that Vodafone offer that is strong enough to let me play online on my xbox? Thank you.

Cailen
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @BrandonOverton7

Vodafone have a number of Internet bundle deals that will help with this.

You'll have the option of both a 30 day rolling on 12 month contracts that can be found on our website.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

It will totally depend on your mobile signal strength at your nans house, as to how playable things will be.

Also online gaming, along with patches and other content will use a lot of data each month.

If your mobile phone is able to be a mobile hot spot, that would be a good test to see how good the service would cope, and if it is ok, then look at a mobile wifi device and data plan to go with it.

Would your nan entertain you buying the internet for her phone line if you are looking to be there a while?

My partner and I are in the UK for a month working from home and bought a mobile wifi, pay as you go package. We don't stream or download. We're on some websites and sending emails. We're on Skype and Lync. 

We were recommended 3GB and a 20 pound package and told that it should last a month. It lasted 2 days. We then increased to 6GB and another 20 pounds and that lasted 3 days. Yestarday we topped up 50 pounds!!!

At this rate it's going to cost us a fortune. What's your advice?

TIA

kids

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gayleg

It sounds like there is data travelling via your work connection that you may not be aware of.

There could be applications updating.

Are you using VPN (more data is used to keep the VPN connection up and running)?

My suggestion would be to disable as many of the non-essential functions on your device as possible. It all depends on what device you’re using though.

BrandonOverton7
Thank you.