Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go credit

Sara1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am in the 5 pound bundle every month. This month I bought minutes in exchange to reward points. 

Also ive got 5 pounds credit for call by 15 pound topup.

This evening I checked i still have 25 minites left on the website and start calling. I called 29 minutes to a uk mobile. I thought it would be covered by 25 minutes left and 5 pound credit on calls. But it turned out that i used a part of credit in addition to five pound free credit. The web sayd I sti?l have 25 minutes left. I would like to know what happened. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sara1984

You may need to use Live Chat or call 191 as they have account access to check your usage pattern. 

That would be faster than awaiting for the Vodafone Social Media Team here to.catch ip with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your advice. 

Yes, as you said, I went to online chat. 

It was found out that due to the techinical issue, my 25 mintues was not activated. They put my credit back, and also made my 25 mintues usable. It was lucky in the end. Thank you for your help. 

Best wishes,

Sara

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

From my experience, rewards or bonus items are always used ahead of my monthly allowance - I believe that is part of their Ts&Cs, and there certainly would be much less point in having them if they were queued after your paid-for allowances. But I'm not sure what order the bonus items are used in, because I've regularly experienced a strange problem, that my account doesn't seem able to process more than one reward/bonus at a time, and having two simultaneously mucks things up good and proper.

If the system started by deducting from the £5 bonus credit, it would have taken the first 16 minutes from your bonus credit (16x30p = £4.80), leaving 13 minutes to be covered elsewhere. If there were any of the rewards minutes left, it should have used those, and then moved on to the minutes left from your monthly allowance. But there's no way that it could have used all of the 25 remaining minutes, so it definitely shouldn't have been taking actual credit.

When I've contacted CS or live chat about this issue, they have sounded utterly bewildered by the problem, but have at any rate been able to see that something has gone wrong, and have given me some recompense. But do check what they give you as recompense - if they give you a 30-day Extra, it may well automatically renew unless you opt out of it doing so, and then you get charged £5 for the next one. So inspect the gift horse carefully!

Thank you for your help. 

The issue you experienced sounds similar to mine. 

I went to live chat to talk about my issue, and it was found out that due to the technical issue, my 25 minutes was not activated. So I should not have charged! 

They put my credit back, and also made 25 minutes usable. So It was a bit irritating, but I was lucky in the end. 

Thank you for your advice,

Sara 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I'm glad that worked out well in the end! You've reminded me that I need to plan carefully for a few days away next month. I also have the £5 bundle, which is generally fine for me, especially as there isn't a good data signal here. However, I'll need a bit of data while away, and don't want to find that I've been caught by the technical issue. My cunning plan is to use some of my reward points to start a small 7-day data bundle before I go away; then, if I find that my data is running low, I can use some more reward points once the earlier 7-day period has expired. Well, that's the plan - I just hope it works OK!