Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payg smart ultra 6 warrenty

Dizzyd1986
4: Newbie

Hi I have a Vodafone smart ultra 6 phone brought from vodafone on payg. It's now created a fault where the middle button won't work

It was brought in august 2015 but I understand these have 24 month warranty so I have read on here. I visited Vodafone store this morning and they assured me it was only 12 months even tho I stated it was on eforum its 24 months, so I ring customer help line and they also state it's 12 month and want me to pay to have it fixed. They both insist its 12 months for payg and 24 for contract, so I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall ouchhhh. 

Warranty and insurance

Except for Apple products, all devices come with our standard 24-month warranty. If you’re a Pay monthly or Business customer, this applies whatever the length or type of your contract. If you’re a Pay as you go customer, your warranty starts on the day you buy your device.

You also get a 12-month warranty on all the accessories that are in the box when you buy your device.

Read this also but still insist its 12 months for payg

Hopefully someone can confirm my rights thanks in advanced

31 REPLIES 31

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The phone has a 24 month manufacturing warranty. 

The Shop is wrong. 

Id print off Vodafones own help page and take it in and access the Internet while there to support this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks reply Lee I know it has but they won't except it even in the live chat I get the same answer 12 months warranty what am I meant to do???

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Let the vodafone Team here engage with you. 

If necessary raise a complaint to which Vodafone then need to resolve within 8 weeks. 

With Live Chat I would screen print Vodafones support page and send it over. 

Retain all Chat transcripts with them. 

Current Phone  >

Warranty and insurance

Except for Apple products, all devices come with our standard 24-month warranty. If you’re a Pay monthly or Business customer, this applies whatever the length or type of your contract. If you’re a Pay as you go customer, your warranty starts on the day you buy your device.

You also get a 12-month warranty on all the accessories that are in the box when you buy your device.

It does say after 24 months warranty, pay monthly, I would go back to Vodafone but they will just say the same again 

BandOfBrothers

Let the Vodafone Team here help. 

Current Phone  >

Yep already copy and pasted the warranty section still claiming 12 months

Cheers lee

BandOfBrothers

@Dizzyd1986 wrote:

Warranty and insurance

It does say after 24 months warranty, pay monthly, I would go back to Vodafone but they will just say the same again 

The important part is

"Except for Apple products, all devices come with our standard 24-month warranty. "

The bit after that explains when it starts. 

Current Phone  >

I've explained all this to them and copy and pasted in the live chat but 3 different people say 12, Ive wastes half my Saturday going to town and on the phone oh and parking fee.