cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying for Big Value Bundle - stupid question!

carrie74
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sorry for the daft question!

I keep buying Big Value Bundles for my child's phone, but it never rolls over. Every time I buy one, I am asked for my payment details, and I presumed that payment would be taken every month from my card. However, when I look on line, it says "if you have enough credit". Do I have to buy credit for the phone which is then used to pay for the BVB? And if this is the case, why do I get asked for my bank details when buying them?

I don't know if the child has been getting messages from Vodafone every month asking for credit, because being 13 it doesn't occur to them to mention it!

I'm not usually completely dense, but this just doesn't seem clear to me.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @carrie74

There is no reason for you being unable to top up your childs phone online, but there is usually a small delay when topping up online although the credit should be added at midnight the same day.

Providing the credit is on the phone on the 30th day when the BVB renews, it will automatically roll over.  If your childs has the My Vodafone application on the phone, you will be able to see the credit and any active bundles.  If you want to change the bundle this is easily done from the application or calling the 2345 number.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @carrie74

The problem you are going to have is auto top up has to be done from the phone adding the Big Value, there is further information for you here:  Can I top up automatically?  However, there is nothing stopping you from adding credit to your childs phone, the link here will help :How can I top up my phone or another number?  I always think topping up from an ATM machine works well, the top up also goes straight to the number.

Where a Big Value is concerned, providing there is sufficient credit, the bundle will automatically roll over every 30 days.  The best thing to do is to link you to the T & C's where this is explained on this link :Big Value T & C's  There is also further information  on the BiG Value page here: PAYG Big Value

Sorry about so many links but they should provide you with all the necessary information and help.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm buying the BVB online, not from her phone, is that maybe the problem? The T&Cs just say that it will renew automatically so long as there is "credit". So my query really is do I need to add credit to her phone in order to pay for the bundle? It just seems daft to have to put credit onto the phone to pay for a bundle, when I've been asked for my bank details when buying the thing in the first place (making you assume that payment is going to come out of your bank every month).

"How it works

1. The day a Big Value Bundle is added to your account will count as day 1. It’ll run out at 11.59pm UK time on day 30.
  2. Your Big Value Bundle will renew automatically every 30 days as long as you have enough credit by the time it runs out. We’ll try and take payment on day 30. For your bundle to renew automatically, you’ll need to have enough credit to renew whatever type of Big Value Bundle you’ve opted in to."

AnnS

Hi @carrie74

There is no reason for you being unable to top up your childs phone online, but there is usually a small delay when topping up online although the credit should be added at midnight the same day.

Providing the credit is on the phone on the 30th day when the BVB renews, it will automatically roll over.  If your childs has the My Vodafone application on the phone, you will be able to see the credit and any active bundles.  If you want to change the bundle this is easily done from the application or calling the 2345 number.

Ok, so I need to put credit on the phone then?

Thank you 🙂