main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Porting number From EE FAILURE

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker
Hi there ,,,,

I ported my number over from EE on 13th march ,,
When it appeared on my Vodafone SIM card I tried to top up only to be told SIM card had expired ,,,, so went to Vodafone shop and got a sim swap done ,,,, all went well ,,,, until I tried to top up .... yip said once again SIM card had expired !!!!

Anyway that's over 10 days ago now !!! Still not resolved ,,,, can receive calls and texts ,,,, but can't send texts ,,, make calls ,,,, or connect to data ,,,,

Has anyone got any ideas on this as tech support don't seem to have a clue !!!!!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi

This sounds like a split port where not all the files have settled properly. 

If you call 191 they can access your account can check and if necessary escalate this to the Vodafone Porting Teams. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
9 REPLIES 9

Hi

This sounds like a split port where not all the files have settled properly. 

If you call 191 they can access your account can check and if necessary escalate this to the Vodafone Porting Teams. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
Thanks for the reply ,,,, I got sick of not getting any answers ,,,,, so thought I would try porting my number
Back to EE ,,, which worked yesterday and everything's fine ,,,,, I'm now going to try porting it back to Vodafone tomorrow morning ,,,,,,,,

Is this likely to help and work this time round ??? Is there a number to speak to porting team themselves

View more options

Hi

I think I would have let the files settle first but your workaround seems to have worked. 

No there isn't a direct number for the porting teams as they are not customer facing so you would need to seek support via customer services and they'd liaise with the teams. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
YMA 3: Seeker

Wonder has this worked ?. I seem to have same issue after porting from EE, can't recieve calls or texts from Landlines or Non vodafone numbers. My number has been ported in october 2016 and as my main contacts are vodafone did not notice till this late. I have contacted 191 twice assured been forwarded to porting team. No solution so far.

HELP !!!!

View more options

Hi there ,,, yes it worked perfect ,, I got my PAC code from Vodafone ,,, ported number onto an EE path card once it was activated ,,,, left it 24 hrs then did same again EE to Vodafone ,,,, worked a treat ,,,,, obviously something went wrong first time !!!

hope this helps 

View more options

^^^^^^^meant EE Payg Card ^^^^^^

View more options

@Baz250 - I'm glad to hear everything is working for you now. :smileyhappy:

@YMA - I've replied to your other post here

View more options
2: Seeker

My port has not completed yet and it started on Monday too.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@Greggsmikey82 We'd be happy to check on the status of your port 🙂

So we're able to access your account and help future, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent. 

View more options