Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting to another provider

mike37p
4: Newbie

After a long time (10 years) with Vodafone and many support problems that prevented me from being able to the Vodafone service properly, I decided to move my accounts to another provider.  You're probably wondering what other issues I've met but I really don't have the several pages or the time to detail them. You might look at the post "online account error" that I raised to get a flavour of incompetence I've met.

I ported the first number without any loss of service or any issues. The second one was more problematic. I didn't bother to port the third as its mobile broadband and I don't need the number. On the second number Vodafone decided to remove the bundle the day before the number was agreed to be ported. This meant that all texts and calls were charged for (£1.00 for just over a minutes call and 14p a text!). I didn't realise this until I found that mobile data wasn't available any more and the odd couple of pounds on the account had been used. 

I contacted Vodafone via chat (I'll never talk to the phone service again after the rude service I've previously received) and the adviser was helpful and credited the account with £10.00. He also told me this is normal practice to delete the bundle. When I asked why this hadn't happened with the previous number he couldn't answer.

So my question is - Is it normal practice to remove the bundle (that I had paid for) on hearing that the number was moving? Or is this someone in Vodafone either being enthusiastic or vindictive in removing it early?

Every time I've made a complaint to Vodafone I've been told they are very sorry. I don't want any apologies on this question just a straight answer from someone who knows what normal practice is (is there anyone like that in Vodafone I wonder?)  

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I believe that on the day of the porting out to another network this auto closes the Payg account and then at that time all remaining allowances and credit is lost. 

Its certainly worth asking Vodafone customer service. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I noticed now that I forgot to say the bundle was disconnected the day before the new provider took over.

Any idea who Vodafone customer support is and how I contact them? I haven't been very successful up to now in getting a meaningful response.

BandOfBrothers

All the options to contact Vodafone Support are in this link Vodafone Contact Us.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. Just a shame the link doesn't work.

In any case I think I've had enough of Vodafone's "support" so I'll just leave things alone rather than another set of frustrations where nothing happens.

Thank for your attempts at helping.