main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Pre paid SIM for travelling?

1: Seeker

Hello!

We're planning to head over to the UK for a while later this year and we're wondering: is it possible to get a pre paid service to use while we're there? Seems to make more sense than paying our home carrier way too much for raoming data.

thanks in advance!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Yes @oldsock just pop into a Vodafone High street Store > find-a-store link and explain to the staff what type of usage your wanting and they'll set you up and explain how payg works. 

We do have discount stores on the highstreet and newsagents who sell the sim cards but they won't be able to explain your best choices imo. They'll just sell you the sim card. 

Your phone's will need to be unlocked to all Networks so it'll accept a Vodafone UK sim card and it would be beneficial to check the frequencies and bands in your phone' s to see if they'll work on the ones Vodafone UK uses.

Google the make and model of your phone and there's a good chance they'll be on gsmarena.

Vodafone UK uses.IMG_20180107_064807.jpg

Vodafone Pay As You Go Tariffs are

Vodafone Bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans.

Enjoy your stay in the UK.  

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thank you so much for the help! Here, getting a new servcie requires all sorts of identification - I was getting a bit worried. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Youre very welcome. 

Pay as you Go requires no I.D so youll be good to go. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options