Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem using my new Sim with HTC Phone

bettyboop44
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I don't seem to be able to use my HTC 610 , with a new SIM I have just installed , I phoned *#100# to find the number, then it started of with something like " USSD Code running , then it says 2 Connection problem or invalid MMI code" .

The strange thing is I went online to register the SIM and put a Fiver on, just to try everything , reg he number ok and the top up , then I get a txt on my phone saying that the top is successful , but still I can not phone out or receive a call .

I have no idea has to what to do next .

Anne 

25 REPLIES 25

AnnS
17: Community Champion

I had a feeling it was a phone fault.  Problem solved I hope.

We will meet again another day, don't know where don't know when, but I know we'll meet again another day.

Take care from another Ann x

That's fantastic to hear @bettyboop44  :Smiling:

This is why i always suggest to try a sim card in another phone and another sim card in the current phone as it is a good process of elimination.

Happy days.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well I still have the problem of my phone not working , all that I have solved is that the SIM is ok , so I still have the battle to win yet ! .

Anne

AnnS

@bettyboop44 wrote:

Well I still have the problem of my phone not working , all that I have solved is that the SIM is ok , so I still have the battle to win yet ! .

Anne

As a final solution can I direct you to the Vodafone website for a new phone direct from the network.  Vodafone have PAYG phones available to purchase online with next day delivery for as little as £1.00 (plus £10.00 top up).

Vodafone PAYG phones 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bettyboop44 

Going from " Am going to try and solve the problem though , not giving up as yet , it is a lovely strong phone that I like . " I appreciate you want to try and keep using your preferred phone.

Don't give up on it. :Smiling:

Good luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @bettyboop44 

At a guess you have opted into PAYG 1 standard rates here: Vodafone PAYG 

Although you have received confirmation that your top up was successful there can be a delay going to your account and should be ready for your use tomorrow morning.  However, your phone should be showing the Vodafone symbol to confirm you are connected to the network, otherwise dial 17298, to activate the SIM.   Dialling 2345 will connect you to the top up line for confirmation of your top up and balance.

There is also further information for you here: Getting Started 

If your topup has not been added tomorrow morning, this will be something that can be investigated by the Social Media Team but hopefully will be working for you.