Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem using my new Sim with HTC Phone

bettyboop44
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I don't seem to be able to use my HTC 610 , with a new SIM I have just installed , I phoned *#100# to find the number, then it started of with something like " USSD Code running , then it says 2 Connection problem or invalid MMI code" .

The strange thing is I went online to register the SIM and put a Fiver on, just to try everything , reg he number ok and the top up , then I get a txt on my phone saying that the top is successful , but still I can not phone out or receive a call .

I have no idea has to what to do next .

Anne 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Guys

Still not got it all sorted , I went to chat and they said they would activate my sim card , that was early this morning, I can send and receive messages , but still can not use the call function , when I dial *#100# to see my number , I get the same  ‘Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code’ and when I try to dial 2345 it puts vodafone UK at the top and says dialing , and there is a little phone icon next to the bar while it is dialing  , but then it goes off and says near the top "unknown" next to the 2345 number .

What I can not understand is how can I send and receive txt but can't call , does the sim have to be activated to receive txt/message , because when I was on the chat , before they activated the sim , I was getting messages from them ! ., Ime thinking maybe the sim is still not yet activated , they did say it could be up to 24 hours! .

a very frustrated Anne .

I'm not surprised your frustrated with this @bettyboop44 

Perhaps try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Also choosing another network in the phones connection settings and then re choose Vodafone can help.

Hopefully things will resolve after the time frame you've been given.

Personally if this was my situation I'd contemplate requesting another sim card and start again !

But that's my thoughts. 

Fingers crossed @bettyboop44 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

Yes it is getting me down now , the phone is locked to Vodafone , I can't see any option where it says to choose another network , will try a factory reset and see what that does , can't think of anything else to try , might just go on chat again , to see if they can check anything , the SIM must be activated because the cost of the 2 messages I sent to another phone have come out of the total on the web site ! .

anyway thanks for your time n help , will come back here if I get it sorted , just wish I could know what this message really means " ‘Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code’ .

Anne

Usually a person is able to choose a different network in the phones network connection settings. 

The link i added about those mmi codes I thought would have helped @bettyboop44 

Has your phone accepted Vodafone sim cards OK before ?

What happened to the previous Vodafone Uk Sim card that worked if you had one ? Does it still work ?

A factory reset only serves to take a phone back to the last successful firmware update.

Please do create back ups and then remove any Sd card if relevant before carrying out a factory reset.

Best of luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @bettyboop44 

The first thing to do is to try again using *#1345# for the top up line rather tha 2345, it may be the code causing the error message.

The problem here is it is impossible to see if there is a problem with the phone, SIM, your account or simply a network issue at your location.  When you see the Vodafone UK symbol, it should give an indication of the signal strength.  

Looking at the phone specificaions here:  GSM arena - HTC 610 Desire with the phone being release 2014, it has been in use for some time and it may be a fault with the phone, if it was at all possible to try the SIM in an alternative phone or even a different Vodafone SIM in the phone this would rule out a phone fault.

BandOfBrothers

@AnnS 

I'm happy to see you echo my advice in the very first reply when I suggested 

As a process of elimination can you try the Sim Card in another phone to see if the sim will work in another phone ?

If possible try another sim in your phone to help rule out the phone or sim at fault. "

Lets hope @bettyboop44  gets sorted ASAP.

They have indeed received some good advice from all.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

hi Guys

Yes that would be easy if I knew anyone on Vodafone or if the have a unlocked phone , but at the moment I don't , not at work during this time or I am sure there would be there .

Anne

AnnS

To be honest @BandOfBrothers  I didn't even notice you had written this, when I reply I am thinking about the information I would recommend.

You know what they say about great mind thinking alike.  smiley wink wink.

BandOfBrothers

All good advice I'm sure is appreciated by the Op even if it is repeated in the thread  @AnnS  :Winking_smiley:

I look forward to a positive outcome from @bettyboop44 so they can get on with using the network and it's features.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Hi  Guys

Just a up date , got a friend to come round , he tried it in a old unlocked phone he had and the SIM worked fine , it did say on pressing the call button , that  USSD Code running thing , then it called his other phone ok , so there is some problem with my phone .

Am going to try and solve the problem though , not giving up as yet , it is a lovely strong phone that I like .

Anyway Guys n Galls , thanks for all your time and help , we might meet again ! .

cheers

Anne