Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with rewards

Collinswood
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone else had problems receiving their reward code? I cashed in some points over 3 weeks ago for an Amazon voucher and have still not received the confirmation email with the relevant code. I have contacted Vodafone 5 times already (2 by phone and 3 online) and despite being assured my code would be with me within 48 hours I am still waiting. Getting very fed up now as wanted my voucher to do some Christmas shopping. any advice?

92 REPLIES 92

Tilly_T
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Oh I am so pleased to have found this thread - thought I was going mad!  I redeemed my 2000 reward points and I had a text confirmation saying my Amazon £20 gift card reward would be emailed to me within 24 hours.  Three days - and three long and arduous "live chat" sessions later, still no sign of an email, or my voucher - 80 hours after it was first promised!  Each time, the "live chat" advisors told me I would receive an email within (another) 24 hours - in fact the first advisor told me "It is under process and it deliver at any moment".  Good job I wasn't holding my breath! I have been given two "redemption codes" which, when entered into Amazon, are rejected as "invalid" (too long) and told to contact Amazon because the "redemption codes" they have provided are the only ones they have.  I contacted Amazon this evening only to be told, as expected, that these codes are not in a format they recognise and that I needed to contact Vodafone to ask for full details of how to redeem the codes. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH.  I thought - and tried to tell the "live chat" advisor tonight - that if I could see the promised email, it would have full details of how to claim the voucher.  But I was told that they couldn't send an email and they would pass it to another team. So it seems I have no way to resolve this - other than to ask Vodafone to "refund" my rewards points so I can use them for something else.  But then, on reading the other messages in this thread, and looking at the rewards options, I agree it seems they are moving more towards Vodafone relate rewards, none of which would be of any help to me at all!  Its is so frustrating and disappointing and I feel as if I have been "scammed" into trying to claim a reward that never existed!  As others have said, if these gift card rewards are not available and are known by Vodafone to be causing so many issues, why are they still on the rewards site?  Is there anyone out there who actual DID get the £20 Amazon gift card they were promised in return for their reward points?

Please see my post as below.

Hello Louise and other frustrated posters hoping and waiting for their promised £20 Amazon Voucher. There is hope! Further to my post below, and following an apparently completely fruitless conversation with Vodafone on 191 and an email to their complaints team yesterday evening (Sunday) I have just received an emailed Amazon Voucher and successfully credited it to my account!  I panicked at first because the email said my reward was ready to claim - and when I clicked the "claim" button a message came up saying there was a problem and the reward would be emailed to me in due course.  But sure enough, it appeared in my email a few minutes later.  I have had no direct response/apology from Vodafone so I have no idea if it was just a happy coincidence or whether either my phone call or complaint email prompted someone into action, but either way I now have my voucher and am very relieved.  If you aren't aware there is an option on the website to contact Vodafone to register a complaint  - either through their email form ( which is what I did) or by writing to their UK head office in Newbury.

I hope you all get your vouchers too!

cazann
4: Newbie
Lubee, that is awful but I'm not surprised. A couple of years ago I had a similar experience when phoning Vodafone about a pay as you go bundle that I'd been charged for but hadn't got. Either the advisor had trouble understanding me or he was just playing dumb but our conversation concluded with him saying 'as a goodwill gesture' he'd credit me the bundle. Yes, the bundle that I'd paid for and that was all I was asking for but it took about fifteen minutes to get to that point and judging by the background noise, he was either at a football match or had his TV on very loud.

It really is such a shame Vodafone can't get their customer care right. As you can see from this thread, they haven't managed to solve anyone's problem with Amazon voucher codes, none of us have been given a valid code and those posting on here will be a small percentage of people having this problem. The next step for you will be a message asking you to fill in a form with your details, then they may contact you but they won't sort anything out.

cazann
4: Newbie
Tilly-T, I have received valid codes in the past, for Amazon and Argos, although they don't do Argos ones anymore and it seems they no longer do Amazon either. Vodafone are guilty of false advertising.

I think its a bit more than false advertising, to me its fraud.

Customers shouldn't have to spend time with phone calls and live chat to get what they were promised.  They soon take your reward points!

Yes, I agree about fraud.  I wrote a letter of complaint to Vodafone's CEO last week and today a Natasha of Social Media Comms at Newbury has tried to contact me - let's see what she comes up with and I'll post her response.  Did you know that a Vodafone spokesman is quoted as saying "Our highest priority in 2017 is to ... make our customer services best in class"?

A breakthrough!  I have finally been sent a valid Amazon voucher.  Saints be praised.  No explanation for the fiasco that preceded it. 

thanks for update. Maybe I'll try the same. I was contacted last week after I posted again to be told they couldn't help and to call customer services. Don't they realise that we have all done this repeatedly and still no valid code. Just keep going round in circles. Letter to CEO it is then.

Please see my post as below.