cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with Pay As You Go - Switching back to Pay Monthly & My Wife's account closed by mistake

barison82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have a bit of a problem here - concerning both our Vodafone accounts. We are currently residing in Australia due to the situation with Covid-19, so we decided to switch our Pay Monthly accounts to PAYG for the duration, with the intention to switch back when we got back to the UK...it seems like this was a mistake! My wife's account was due to be transferred to PAYG on 7.8.2020, as discussed over the phone when organised a month ago. After the call to 191, she got an automated text saying "Sorry you are leaving us". Perturbed by this, we rang back and spoke to a different person, querying this text, as it was indicating that her account would be terminated on 7.8.2020, which is not what we wanted. They assured her that it was a "glitch" in the system, as the screen in front of them confirmed the arranged move to PAYG . We thought no more of it until yesterday - when her signal disappeared (SOS only, previously showed Vodafone AU, although she can still access whatsapp etc. using wifi) and the number has gone in settings (it's an iphone). It appears her account has indeed been closed - which is not what we wanted at all! She has been a Vodafone customer for 21 years. We have tried calling 191 again today but cannot get through to anybody. At the same time, I myself would like to switch back to a basic Pay Monthly plan, as I now regret doing the PAYG option, but cannot access the area of the Vodafone web shop in order to do this, as I am a PAYG customer! I get a prompt stating that I cannot be logged in to that area of the website...so my wife has lost her account and phone number, which she's always had, and I can't access the online area to sort out the switch to Pay Monthly, I cannot get hold of anybody on 191, online chat doesn't appear to work...we're totally locked out! Being in another country means we're completely dependent on sorting this out online somehow, or via 191 which is proving very troublesome. Sorry I know this is a bit of a mouthful, but it's a double whammy situation which I'm trying desparately to resolve for both of us, We really don't want to lose that account/number, it's not what we asked for at all! I hope somebody here can point us in the right direction with this problem. Many thanks, Alex & Paula

2 REPLIES 2

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @barison82 . I understand how important it is to stay connected, especially now and the fact that you are abroad, so I'm sure we can get this sorted. 

Seeing as this is account specific, could you drop us a message on Social Media here? Make sure you include the link to the this thread and your account number so you don't have to re-explain anything 😊

Hi Evie, many thanks for your reply. I have sent a DM via FB Messenger to Vodafone this morning, with all the details. I haven’t received a reply yet. Hopefully this works out and somebody can help us!