Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage to support my insurance claim

Akidi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I lost a phone i bought from argos and when sent for a claim my insurer requested for a proof of usage that will bear the phones IMEI number on it since there is no IMEI on the Argos receipt i have.I have been contacting your customers serrvice on phone and in store since monday but bdidnt get any satisfactory  response.Please i would like to get a proof of  proof of usage  to support my incurance claim.The proof of usage will be from 11to 13 of JUN. Upon request i will forward my infos to you.Hope this solves my problem.Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Akidi

Customer Services should have been able to help you with this request. 

However to add there is an Online Request Form in the following Vodafone Link you can use. 

"If you need to make an insurance claim and your insurance company asks for proof of purchase, usage, barring or blacklisting for the device concerned, please complete this form

After sending your form, you’ll get an email from us confirming we’ve received it. We’ll reply with all the information you need within five working days, we can also send it directly to your insurer."

Link > Online Form.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Akidi

If you are pay monthly, complete the form.  The form won't be accepted for PAYG.

If you are PAYG, it is unlikely Vodafone will have access to call records and won't be able to provide proof of usage.  However, it does not do any harm trying but Vodafone may only be able to let you know details of the last call made from the phone.

As you have already tried calling, give live chat a try.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Akidi If it's a PAYG phone, Vodafone should be able to provide you with the last 600 items of usage, always provided you had registered your account with them. Indeed, you should be able to see that amount of usage via your online account, if you are still able to access the account - if you provided an additional contact number on your account, the security code can be sent to that number.

But I'm by no means convinced that Vodafone records the IMEI of PAYG phones any longer - it's many years since I last saw that information on my online account. I try to remember to cut the phone info off the box, and store it with the receipt, though I don't always remember. Though it may be part of the information that they record behind the scenes, in which case a Subject Access Request might produce it - but that sounds a bit OTT for a PAYG phone.

When you reported the phone lost, were they able to block the phone as well as the number, or was it just the number? If they could do both, they must have been able to see the IMEI.