cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Questionable Vodafone Technician Report (Vodafone Smart Ultra 6)

3: Seeker

I'd had my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 or 9 months when the screen started to become unresponsive sometimes. I took it to a store and they gave it to a technician, and then after a few days they sent me a text saying that my phone is "beyond repair". I went into the store to find out what they meant and whether they would give me a replacement. the store advisor told me that the technician found water damage, but then when he looked at the photo they attached (which shows absolutely nothing) he literally said: "sometimes they just decide that they don't want to give out replacements, so I would advise going to another store and asking for them to take it to a technician again". I've shown the photo to loads of repair shops in my area and they all said that the photo doesn't actually show anything in terms of liquid damage!

I don't see why I should have to go to multiple stores to get a replacement for my phone, which I most certainliy never allowed in my bathroom or used outside in the rain. This is absolutely ridiculous service from Vodafone, and I doubt I'll be buying anything from Vodafone again.

I've still got almost two months until the warranty is over so I would appreciate if Vodafone could get in touch with me to resolve this.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @80099

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and they'll be in touch. 

I agree if the report does not show water damage and the water sensors haven't been tripped then it's possible it's been misdiagnosed. 

If this was my phone is ask for it to be re submitted along with the notes from the Vodafone Store employee if possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

It's either water damaged or it isn't. You certainly shouldn't be getting two conflicting messages on this, nor should you be sent to another shop. Personally I'd be asking them to escalate it in the store to give you a concise answer one way or another.

I'm sure the Vodafone team on here will be able to investigate and give you some clarity.  

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Yeah I don't mind going in again to get it resubmitted but the store employee who agreed with me when I said that the photo was strange didn't write anything in the notes he gave me, and obviously I didn't record what he told me.

I just want a straight answer on this, I mean it's not like it was a really expensive phone but I'm a student so I can't afford to buy a new phone after only having this one for about 9 1/2 months. And the store advisor gave me the impression that this has happened to others before which is quite distressing.

BandOfBrothers

Just to say the Vodafone employee probably / possibly isn't an approved trained engineer and is providing their own opinion. 

I would go back and ask for it to be sent off again. 

Current Phone  >

I should go back to the same store?

BandOfBrothers

@80099 wrote:

I should go back to the same store?

I certainly would. 

Yiuve had an unclear report and you've had an opinion from a member of the staff. 

Maybe ask for the store manager to assist you. 

Current Phone  >

I went to to the store on Saturday (13th) and the store advisor there said he could have my phone resubmitted, but after four failed attempts to input it into the system he told me to come back the next day.

I spoke to a different store advisor the next day and he told me that the reason it wasn't allowing him to put through the request on the system either was because once a report is submitted stating that there is water damage there is no longer a warranty on the phone, meaning that I can't it re-checked and re-photographed.

I don't see the point in going to another store, so I think this is end for me and Vodafone, and likely my mother who is thinking of upgrading again.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @80099

It does sound viable that their system would flag up such a status fault to remove the ability to resubmit it. 

Another option ion would be to write to Vodafone but you may find they adhere to the report. 

Customer Relations Manager
Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN.

The only other option I can think of is to try and get an authorised engineers independent report. 

Current Phone  >