Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reactivate a disconnected mobile number

Goosestep
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was a customer with vodafone between 2000 and 2018. At one stage I had a series of mobile numbers between [Removed], 222 through to 999. A number of employees working for me took their numbers when they left my employment. I have learned from three of them that they converted the numbers to PaYG and never used them. These numbers ending 444, 555 and 666 have been disconnected for a number of years. I would like to reactivate them please.  Who can I speak to at Vodafone? I had luck activating 999 four years ago but now I am going around in circles with vodafone customers services.

Regards

David M

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Goosestep 

The problems you are going to have would be due to the numbers having been transferred to PAYG , disconnected and not been in use for a number of years.  I am sure networks can reconnect a number up to six months and this is probably the reason you have not received a positive response previously with Customer Services.

With there not being an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers and with it being an Ofcom ruling that all PAYG numbers have to be in use, when a number has not been used for a considerable time, it will be disconnected from the network and after a period of 'quarantine' to clear the number of any previous users details, will be reissued to another customer.  The numbers may not even be with Vodafone and could have been ported out to an alternative network.

However is no harm asking Vodafone, if you use live chat they will be able to let you know if there is any chance of reconnecting the disconnected numbers and reissuing the SIM's but I fear you will be unsuccessful.

BandOfBrothers

If you try ringing the number is it dead ?

If customer services isn't being clear  i.e  "  but now I am going around in circles with vodafone customers services. " then perhaps try the Vodafone Social Media Team via 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for responding.

Yes when i dial these numbers, the message I hear is 'sorry, the number you have dialled does not exist ...'

The message you're getting means the number is not connected, but is sitting ina "pool" of unused numbers waiting to be assigned. The format of the number (07xxABBACCC) suggests it has been reserved as a Gold Number, so you *MAY* be able to get the number back, but you would have to buy the number.

There is a thread dedicated to the sale of  Gold Numbers here

Hopefully you will get the number you're looking for, or alternatively, something close!

Thank you, i really appreciate your response

I woild like to get the following numbers

[Removed]

Would you let me the next steps please.

Regards

David 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

BandOfBrothers

@Goosestep wrote:

Thank you, i really appreciate your response

You're very welcome @Goosestep 

From 》 Pay-monthly/Gold-Number-Sales.

"Guys the Vodafone Social Media Teams here no longer able to help with account enquiries via this Vodafone Community Forum.

They are now only available to help via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.