Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reactivate phone

BrianDoubletake
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can't top-up credit. I think my number has deactivated (although don't seem to have got text about it recently). Please can someone help me reactivate number?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @BrianDoubletake 

The text is automated and never to be relied up, with it being an Ofcom ruling that all PAYG SIM's have to be in use, it is always best to make sure you make a chargeable activity or top up every few months. There are not an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers available and networks have to disconnect and re use the number when there has been prolonged non use. Unfortunately, if it's been longer than the 270 day deadline as in the T & C's, it may be difficult to get the number back.

However, just because you are unable to top up it does not necessarily mean you have been disconnected, try a different method from this link: PAYG Top Up

If you are trying to top up online there have been a few issues where an error message has been received but the top up has gone through.  The best thing to do is to check the bank or credit card account, this will give an indication if the transaction has reached your account.  You can also call 2345 and the My Vodafone application both will let you know your credit and any active bundles.

You can try live chat, they will be able to help, the forum team will also get to the thread with the information needed to make contact through the social media channels.

BandOfBrothers

It all depends on how long it's been deactivated for @BrianDoubletake 

Contact customer Support on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook or Vodafone Twitter

They'll officially advise if it's possible ir not.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.