Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reactivate temporary number on PAYG

jgtimps
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

Today I successfully transferred a pay as you go number to my main Vodafone pay monthly contract. All went well with this, so overall I'm happy, and this is how I want to leave things with my contract. I did have the "temporary" number on my pay monthly contract for a while though, and it's possible a few people/services may still have it.

Would it be possible to re-activate the "temporary" number from my old contract onto a PAYG SIM card? I understood that it would be disconnected as part of this process, but I'm hoping that I can catch it before it gets reallocated. The transfer completed today so it shouldn't be too deep in the system. I have another new PAYG SIM here that I'm happy to activate to get the old number onto.

No big deal if not, would just be reassuring in case I forgot to tell someone/update it. I also understand I'll need to keep the PAYG SIM active if this is a success.

If this is possible, could a Vodafone rep please get in touch, and I'll provide the details in a PM.

Thanks,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jgtimps - I’m sorry you’ve not had a reply to your last email. We’ll be in touch by the end of today.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jgtimps

When you transferred your PAYG number to your main contract, it would have overridden the number you were using immediately cancelling the number on the contract. 

With it being a previous contract number, now cancelled, it would be unlikely Vodafone would be able to put the number on a PAYG SIM.  The number would also need to be put on a plain blank PAYG SIM card without an added number and that is generally used when requesting a SIM swap for the same number.

However, it won't do any harm asking Vodafone, if you use live chat or call Vodafone, they will be able to advise accordingly.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jgtimps@AnnS is spot on regarding your query. We're more than happy to double check to see if we can do this for you.  I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi,

I filled the form in as requested (back on the 17th May) but have not heard anything back. Could I have an update please?

Thanks,

Jon

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jgtimps Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've managed to locate your email and I've forwarded your details on to a member of our team to be in contact with you as soon as possible. 

@josh - thanks. I did receive an email and replied to it on Friday but have not heard anything since. Appreciate this may take time but I don't even know if anything is in progress! Could you take a look and let me know please? I haven't replied to the email to chase up, in case it ends up going to the bottom of a list.

Thanks,

Jon

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jgtimps - I’m sorry you’ve not had a reply to your last email. We’ll be in touch by the end of today.

This is now resolved, and I have my old number on pay as you go. Things were a little scrappy to start with, but as soon as @Gemma got involved things progressed nicely. She also sounds like a lovely person too based on the few minutes I spoke to her.

Many thanks Gemma for your excellent customer service, it's appreciated. If there's anything I can do further to express my thanks, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jon

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's brilliant news @jgtimps. I'm glad @Gemma was able to resolve this. She's currenlty out of the office, but I've emailed your feedback to her and she'll pick this up when she returns 😁

Thanks. I've added a review over on Trustpilot as well - looks like you guys need all the help you can get over there! Thanks again.

Jon