Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receipts, VAT receipts or any kind of receipt

Unhappypiglet2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening,

I have been topping my phone up with my attached debit card, and now I need the receipts for those transactions on my account. But I have been told by customer services that this is not possible. But as it is a VAT transaction, it is a requirement under Regulation 13 of the VAT Regulations 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995/2518), which are issued under power of Para 2 of Schedule 11 of the VAT Act 1994.

I have spent hours on the phone to yourselves via your very poor quality outsourced call centre but with no joy. As it is a legal requirement in the UK, why have you failed to comply and provide a VAT receipt? I can see this is very widespread when looking at forums (this is where there is relevant Vodafone information), I have started listing others with the same issue so we as a collective can pass this information onto HMRC to investigate. In the mean time, would you please comply with UK law and issue a VAT receipt for the payment I made to Vodafone.

I am a new and soon to be old customer. I can see why you were fined and i think the fee was far far too low.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I would have thought Live Chat or customer service should have been able to help you with this. 

This is a Customer Community help forum and I'm a fellow customer. 

That said , The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Good evening,

I have been topping my phone up with my attached debit card, and now I need the receipts for those transactions on my account.

But I have been told by customer services that this is not possible.

But as it is a VAT transaction, it is a requirement under Regulation 13 of the VAT Regulations 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995/2518), which are issued under power of Para 2 of Schedule 11 of the VAT Act 1994.

I have spent hours on the phone to yourselves via your very poor quality outsourced call centre but with no joy. As it is a legal requirement in the UK, why have you failed to comply and provide a VAT receipt? I can see this is very widespread when looking at forums (this is where there is relevant Vodafone information), I have started listing others with the same issue so we as a collective can pass this information onto HMRC to investigate. In the mean time, would you please comply with UK law and issue a VAT receipt for the payment I made to Vodafone.

I am really disgusted, I think the fine was rather light after experiencing Vodafones customer (or lack of) service.

Hello,

I received this today:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be advised that we are unable to provide VAT receipt due to lack of mandatory details provided for the customer. For us to process the VAT request, please get back to us with Customer’s full name, Full Address, Top up amount and Top up date.

We would be happy to process the request once we receive these details.

Thank-you
Pranav Bhatt
The Vodafone Disconnection team

Hi Team,

Kindly look in to below request.

Thank-you

Vinayak Kalyankar
The Vodafone Porting team

--Original Message--
Date: 11/18/2016 8:23:57 PM
To: csateammanagerenquiryxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Document Request: VAT and/or Proof of purchase

Form Contents:
vat_forms_required : VAT-receipt
customer_type : Pay as you go
title : Mr
first_name : Mark
last_name : Lovegrove
email1 : markxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
email2 : markxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
mobile_number : 075549xxxxxx 
address1 : 30 Stonexxxxx xxxx
postcode : GU16 8DP
dob : 04/01/1975
frequently_texted_number : 07970860076
recently_dialled_1 : 0776925xxxx
recently_dialled_2 : 0797086xxxx 
recently_dialled_3 : 0728214xxxx 
order_value : £30 bundle
order_value_date : 2016-10-24
transaction_number : No receipt provided

As you can see, the information requested was in the previous email. As such the SIM card is going in the bin and I have responded copying in corporate and have now forwarded to the VAT team at HMRC. I have also forwarded all correspondance to several news desks in the UK.

This is my response:

All of that information you have requested is below in the email sent to you!!!! Can you please pass this request to someone with an education and understanding of UK Law. Why are you failing to comply with UK law? Are you a corporate tax dodger? This is also being passed on to the HMRC again.

Vodafone has been reported again here: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CusConf_InformB?dept-name=Customs&sub-dept-name=Hotline&l...

Do you understand that as it is a VAT transaction, it is a requirement under Regulation 13 of the VAT Regulations 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995/2518), which are issued under power of Para 2 of Schedule 11 of the VAT Act 1994.

I am now also forwarding correspondence to your company at investor/corporate level.

Where is my VAT receipt?

Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Unhappypiglet2 Thanks for updating us with this. What have the team advised since?

It may be that they require the transaction numbers to process this for you, which can be found on your bank statements. Let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks but I have binned my SIM card as this is a ridiclous amount of hassle for a VAT receipt each month. I have forwarded all the information I have to HMRC and I have found a much better service with nother provider. I wonder how much VAT is undeclared each month from PAYG customers!

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Unhappypiglet2

There were problems over obtaining receipts last year. I've located some old threads, and can only repeat the advice I gave on the matter at the time:

"A few people had reported difficulty in obtaining VAT receipts, and I enquired recently about the correct procedure. the information I received was:

• We can only send physical copies and not emails.
  • Their account address needs to be up to date (including billing and contact addresses).
  • It’ll only be sent to the billing address.
  • It should take just 5 days for them to receive it, from date of request.

I understand that the front-line Live Chat and CS staff should now know the correct procedure, but before contacting them, do make sure that the address details in your account are up to date."

I see no reason why any of this should have changed. I presume the final paragraph meant that there was a procedure described in the staff manuals.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Unhappypiglet2 Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

You can request a VAT receipt through our form. Please ensure that all the details are provided or the request will not be completed.

Thanks Natasha,

I was also promised this by the call centre, but did not happen. I have filled out the form just now and will wait and see if this works.

Many thanks again.