Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recovering a deactivated number

abnewman
2: Seeker

Hi there, 

I was directed here by Vodafone support, who said I needed to speak to someone from the Gold Number team, so hoping someone can help me out. My PAYG number, which I've had for 15+ years, was deactivated by Vodafone due to inactivity (when I moved abroad). I need to recover it. When I switched from pay monthly to PAYG, no one told me the number would be deactivated if not used for 90+ days.

The number is still associated with me in Vodafone's system but is "greyed out" I'm told, and cannot be reactivated, which I simply cannot understand. How can I recover the number, which I know hasn't been recycled or resold? There must be a technical workaround. I'm happy to pay for recovery. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

14 REPLIES 14

merimarzi

Very same thing happened with me coincidentally 15 years as well. I had my friend reach out to VI store within 2 days and they were able to get new sim after proper verification. You will have to use the new sim card with same number.

amitpanchmatia

Hello. Did you manage to get the number back? I am in the exact same situation. How can I get the number back?

Hi @amitpanchmatia 

Thanks for getting in touch. After 20 years, I  can see why you're keen to get the number back! My team would be more than happy to look into this for you. Please pop us a message over on our social channels and we'll see what we can do. 

amitpanchmatia

Hi 

did you manage to get your line back? I am in your exact same situation! My 20 year old number has been deactivate as I was out of the country. Is there any hope of getting it back?

CypherX

Hi @abnewman 

Did you end up getting the number? I am in a similar situation and yourexperience will greatly help. And thanks to @Amanda and others to help contribute. I found this chat very useful.