Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reinstate mobile number

vodaformuser1
3: Seeker

Hi,

I requested a PAC code to move from a VF corporate account to a PAYG sim which I bought, I didn't end up using the PAC code though and my service got disconnected today when the PAC expired - meaning I've lost access to my business number which is somewhat of a catastrophe. I am desperate to get it back and working again and in a bit of a panic that it has been lost for ever, is there anything at all I can do to get it reinstated/ported to the PAYG?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @vodaformuser1

It will be the Corporate Team you will need to contact here, a store would not have access to Corporate accounts. There should be no reason for them to be unable to reinstate your Corporate number to enable you to request a further internal PAC code to transfer the number to consumer PAYG.

This shouldn't be too much of a problem for them, but it's strange they have cancelled the number.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Hello @vodaformuser1

One of the first things you should do is contact Vodafone Customer services to get them to Access your account to help. 

In regards to a Pac this is used to move a mobile number from one UK Mobile Network to another different UK Mobile Network. 

The code remains active for a period of 30 days. 

If a person decides to not use the Pac by giving it to another UK Network nothing would happen. 

Were you moving the number from vodafone to a vodafone Payg SIM card or another Uk Networks Payg SIM Card  ?

If you were keeping your mobile number within Vodafone then your situation involves moving your number from one Vodafone contract type to another it more likely connected to the Vodafone Agents you've spoken to activating the switch and it's gone awry somewhere.

It maybe the case that they've got confused and though you were giving 30 days notice to cease your Vodafone contract.

To add when a person asks to move from a full contract to Vodafone Payg this also takes 30 days to complete. 

If you catch this quick enough by phoning Vodafone they hopefully should be able to reverse the situation and reinstate the mobile number. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @vodaformuser1

If you requested an internal PAC code and not an account cancellation to transfer internally from Corporate to consumer PAYG, unless you contacted Vodafone Corporate business and made arrangements for your Corporate  number to be transferred, the business number should still be active.

With the PAC code being an internal code due to Corporate being on a different system to ordinary business accounts and not an external where the number is ported out to an alternative network, at least the number will still be on the Vodafone network and this should be easy enough for the Corporate Business Teams to sort out for you.  You may find that you only need to activate the PAYG SIM.

If you still need help, please come back to the forum and one of the forum Team will be able to put you in touch with the correct people.

vodaformuser1

Thank you both! I had a Vodafone corporate account, and now have a Vodafone prepaid sim with a "temporary" number. I had thought if I just didn't use the PAC it would all just disappear, but didnt' realise the team had also set up my corporate account to cancel the day after the PAC which was Friday. Will the regular call centre / a store be able to help me, or can it only be the corporate team (who wlil be back on Tuesday)?

AnnS

Hi @vodaformuser1

It will be the Corporate Team you will need to contact here, a store would not have access to Corporate accounts. There should be no reason for them to be unable to reinstate your Corporate number to enable you to request a further internal PAC code to transfer the number to consumer PAYG.

This shouldn't be too much of a problem for them, but it's strange they have cancelled the number.

Hi, I am in a similar situation with my busniess line which the PAC expired for yesterday and am beside myself, is there anything, anything at all you can do to help me?

Thanks all the corporate team were able to sort me out straight away.