Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remote location SIM card activation

Questioneer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi support,

can you activate a payg sim from Voda UK which I had mailed to my Dublin Adress for me ?

The card does not register with a network here so I am unable to activate it.

This is required to unlock a phone that was unused for a year.

can I send you my and the sim details as

a pm please so you can activate this sim ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Questioneer

As far as I'm aware the Vodafone UK Payg sim card has to be used on the Vodafone UK network to activate it I'm afraid.

Vodafone UK are unable to remote activate it.

So the sim card would need to be sent to someone you know in the UK and they use it to activate it and then send it back to the person in Dublin. 

Vodafone Payg > Getting Started.

Edit > In regards to unlocking the Payg sim card would need to be used in the phone for 30 days etc making calls while on the Vodafone UK network and then fill out the unlocking online page  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Questioneer

As far as I'm aware the Vodafone UK Payg sim card has to be used on the Vodafone UK network to activate it I'm afraid.

Vodafone UK are unable to remote activate it.

So the sim card would need to be sent to someone you know in the UK and they use it to activate it and then send it back to the person in Dublin. 

Vodafone Payg > Getting Started.

Edit > In regards to unlocking the Payg sim card would need to be used in the phone for 30 days etc making calls while on the Vodafone UK network and then fill out the unlocking online page  

Current Phone  >

Vodafone Ireland can remotely activate a sim while in the UK so this should work vice versa as well.

Boda Ireland asks for Sim number (not phone number), name and adress of the user and then can activate it in their system (as documented in various posts in the Irish Vodafone support forum).

As Vodafone Ireland formally is an entity of Voda UK they should be using the same systems and processes.

Also wondering how to contact Vodafone UK support as the automatic system demands an active phone number before forwarding/ processing my query.

When the automatic ivr system asks for a mobile number ignore the prompt to key one in.

After the 4th promotion it should switch to say Press 1 for Payg and 2 for Pay Monthly contracts which will get you through to an advisor. 

Current Phone  >