Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement Sim ordered?

CHARLIEPOET13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My old phone broke, it completely won't work. It was an old phone that required a larger sim. My new phone needs a new smaller sim card. I would like to keep my old number if I could so I borrowed someone elses vodafone number to call up about it. I called 191 and when I told the automated caller that I needed a replacement Sim, it told me I could hang up. Does that mean the sim is ordered or do I need to do something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @CHARLIEPOET13 

The way to order a replacement SIM is online speaking to an advisor.just let ToBi  know the reason for your enquiry and you will be connected to an online advisor.   If you still have your old SIM you will need this to receive the security code from Vodafone., but if you no longer have the SIM no need to worry, by speaking to Vodafone and answering some security questions they will get the SIM activated.  SIM's are multi SIM so it would be worth checking this.  See here.  Multi SIM 

You should also be able to get a SIM swap done through a store to a plain blank numberless new SIM.

If you order the replacement SIM only I would recommend speaking to the Social Team to get the number onto the new SIM here: Contact Us 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @CHARLIEPOET13 

The way to order a replacement SIM is online speaking to an advisor.just let ToBi  know the reason for your enquiry and you will be connected to an online advisor.   If you still have your old SIM you will need this to receive the security code from Vodafone., but if you no longer have the SIM no need to worry, by speaking to Vodafone and answering some security questions they will get the SIM activated.  SIM's are multi SIM so it would be worth checking this.  See here.  Multi SIM 

You should also be able to get a SIM swap done through a store to a plain blank numberless new SIM.

If you order the replacement SIM only I would recommend speaking to the Social Team to get the number onto the new SIM here: Contact Us 

Ami

Hi @CHARLIEPOET13 

Have you tried the steps that @AnnS suggested? You can find out more about our multi SIM's and how to change the size of them here

If you do need a replacement though, we'd be happy to get this sorted for you so please let us know! 😊

Yes I have now sucessfully oredered a new sim. Thank you both for the help!