Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retaining late father's mobile number

jmg156
3: Seeker

Hi,

My father passed away several weeks ago and I was intending to continue using his PAYG mobile number as my own in his memory - however when I turned his phone on earlier it said the SIM card was invalid and when I rang his phone using my phone it said the number was invalid. Is there anything that can be done to reactivate his SIM card/number please?

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @jmg156 

First may I say I'm very sorry for your loss.

These links may help.

vodafone-uk/bereavement/form. 

Account-billing/Life-events. 

With a Payg if there isn't any activity on the  account such as calls , texts , data usage or topping up every 180 days then Vodafone can suspend the account and then should text the number to forewarn that a person then has a further 90 days to make an activity or they can suspend the account and quarantine the number to be given out to someone else at a later date or even given to another Network.

This text shouldn't be relied upon and of course I respect the circumstances of this case.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams maybe able to advise what can be done for you to see if....

1. As your not the account holder what can be done to give you the number if at all.

2. Can the number be retrieved out of the quarantined area. i.e Has it been caught quick enough as there is only a small window of opportunity to retrieve it.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. is the link for the Vodafone Social Media Teams. 

I wish you all the best with this situation and take care.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jmg156

Hi there,

Thanks for you reply. I have asked on Twitter but unfortunately the number can't be retrieved - a shame but it is what it is. 🙂

Many thanks for your help.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @jmg156 

All the best.

Current Phone  >

Many thanks for that - I'll definitely hold on in that case

It's nice that there's people who get how important it is to me - I really do appreciate your kind words

Cheers :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Do please let us know how you get on @jmg156 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jmg156, I'm awfully sorry to hear about this. Do you know when the phone number was last actively used? The reason I ask is because after 90 days of inactivity the number is no longer in use. It's near impossible for us to retrieve the number. I appreciate that isn't the help you were hoping for and I am truly sorry that we might not be able to help you with this. Please by all means, drop us another message on Twitter so we can delve a little further and see what we can do 😊

BandOfBrothers

Thank you @DaneB for taking the time to speak with @jmg156 

Please @jmg156 do take up the offer to re engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Twitter linking back to your thread here.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best of luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Just as we have urged @jmg156 to do @AnnS 

Indeed mentioned in the very first reply in this thread.

Fingers crossed @jmg156 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Hi Dane,

Thanks for your response. I've sent you a message on Twitter 🙂

Cheers!