Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve a disconnected number

Qumar786
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi after receiving some devastating new that ther is no chance I can get my old number back which my late father brought for me, I am terribly upset because I wasn't aware of the 3 months disconnecting period. I couldn't use my number as I was abroad on an emergency namely my father being poorly and passing away. When I came back my number had been disconnected and it was one of the last things my father had brought for me. Now I have been told that I can't get it back with no explanation of why just that it has been disconnected. I didn't receive any texts or letters informing me that my number would go if I kne I would have done my utmost best to keep it. I am terribly distraught at the fact that I have lost one of the last things my father brought for me. I am willing to pay any amount to get it back please it would be extremely appreciated if you could help me thankyou

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Qumar786

The usage is covered in Vodafone T&C's which we sign up to when using the service in afraid. 

If you ring the number what happens?

There is only a very short time period that Vodafone can re connect the number. 

Once that's elapsed then the number Is quarantined and held then after a period of time put back in the number pool to be re allocated at some later stage. 

If they've advised it's no longer recoverable then sadly that must be the case. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thankypu for your advice, I know you said Vodafone make it very clear but I wasn't aware otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation! I'd hav thought that Vodafone would have atleast text me or sent a letter just before my expiry time. I didn't receive any and now it looks as though I've lost it for good

BandOfBrothers

@Qumar786 wrote:

Thankypu for your advice, I know you said Vodafone make it very clear but I wasn't aware otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation! I'd hav thought that Vodafone would have atleast text me or sent a letter just before my expiry time. I didn't receive any and now it looks as though I've lost it for good

Vodafone would usually make contact via sms but if you were out of the country then the sms may not have got through for some reason, I can only assume to advise the account holder and then 90 days on from the initial 180 days of non usage they can then disconnect. 

Please do check your timelines for non usage. 

Screenshot_20180521-171455_Dropbox.jpg

If the Vodafone Social Media Team can help they'll engage with you but as they basically collate your info to pass back to the agents of the department you've already spoken to I'm not sure what can be done. Fingers crossed anyway for you. 

Current Phone  >

Thankyou for your help greatly appreciated, I'm willing to pay anything just to get it back

Thankyou for your help it's greatly appreciated, fingers crossed. I'm willing to pay anything just to get it back as its sentimental to me. 

BandOfBrothers

@Qumar786 wrote:

Thankyou for your help it's greatly appreciated, fingers crossed. I'm willing to pay anything just to get it back as its sentimental to me. 

You are welcome @Qumar786

I can certainly understand why you would want to retain the number. 

Please let us know how you get on and I hope the info given helps you resolve this. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Qumar786

The SIM should not have been disconnected after only 3 months.

The cut of time limit is 180 days, Vodafone will then send an SMS asking you to top up and use the service.  However, you will still have a further 90 days before complete disconnection.  The disconnection time limit is something Vodafone are explicit about in the PAYG Terms and Conditions.

This will be one for the forum Team to help with, if there is any chance of retrieving the number, they will be the Team to get this solved for you.

@Qumar786

If you were in the time limit as explained above, the number should not have been disconnected after only 3 months.  

The Team here will send you a PM with instructions on how to make contact by secure email with data protection security questions.  You only need to wait for the reply.

Thankyou for your advice, how can I ask the Vodafone forum team as you suggested? It's not about the number but the sentimental value of it, like I explained I wasn't aware of the t&c's otherwise I would have kept topping up because I didn't receive no correspondence from Vodafone about this disconnecting issue, I'd have thought I'd receive a text or a letter explaining that I need to top up to keep it. When I came back from abroad my number just wouldn't work which caused me a lot of problems!

Sorry it may seem like a trivial question!, but will a pm come to my email address? Thankyou