cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving an old mobile number, how to go about it?

markc89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello to all,

I'm looking for a little help, or should I say information on retrieving an old mobile number that I once had with Vodafone. However, I had this number in questions most probably touching just over 10 years ago!

I do remember the number very well and after a search to find out who the owner/carrier is, it does indeed come back as Vodafone. I've even tried calling the number and it's currently not in use.

Initial thoughts and comments I'm sure will be that there's no chance, and indeed it may have even been used by somebody else after me. However, surely there must be some way to retrieve an old number, not in use. I used to work for a telecommunications company and providing that the number was not use and was not in a quarantine pool, we could reassign all numbers that originated within our company. In fact, some time ago you could even buy the number and we could hold it.

I know every company is different but I have a feel it's more of a case of we can't really be bothered, or don't bother us with stupid requests, just take a god damn new number and let me get back to chomping on my pen.

Having spoken with customer services PayAsYouGo, I found them very unhelpful, as expected in all honesty. They simply searched the number and said I can't find it. Now, however, I'm looking for a serious answer with some possible positive outcome.

How can I retrieve this number? even if it means paying to Vodafone for it? I don't even mind being on the Vodafone network in order just to have it. And more so, who in Vodafone will be most likely to help and point me in the right direction.

Thank you to all in advance.

Mark

108 REPLIES 108

Hi

Ive got a similar problem with an old Vodafone number. I wonder if I can get some help transferring it. 
thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Dc2009  We can certainly look at the possibility of retrieving the number but it`s not something we can guarantee. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media Team here, they'll be able to explore your options with you.

Hello there,

I was hoping that someone would help me too on this as I used use this number for my work as a free-lance interpreter please? Thank you!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gennolas We're unable to access accounts over the forum due to it's public nature. If you can contact our Social Media team using the link @Anonymous provided above, we'd be more than happy to investigate your options there with you 🙂

if those in the know can trace the old vodafone number to a new provider then that provider needs to be chased, but if not then the number must be in the vodafone old number vault. 3rd party suppliers like golden numbers are unable to retrieve numbers locked in the vodafone vault. Only someone on the inside can release it.  Why vodafone make things so difficult , I don't know why

I'm in the exact same position can anyone help? 😭

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@leesa662003 It's disappointing to hear you're experiencing the same problem. I'd love the opportunity to take a closer look into this for you, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Dear team,

I have a number that might have been just disconnected from Vodafone. I originally ported the number from O2.

Is it possible to check whether this mobile phone number is still available?

Thanks for your help.

Please see my reply in your created thread @ShowannaWright 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I've been locked out my yahoo email and only access is for yahoo to send a code to my old number. I spoke to someone in technical at vodafone, who said I could temporarily change my pay monthly to a payg, fill out a keep my number from and get my old number back. Been into local vodafone shop today and woman I spoke too said this is not possible! Who is right?? 

My old number comes back onto the system on Monday.....any help be very much appreciated