Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rewards

alphillips
4: Newbie

Have only today discovered, by accident, that the Rewards scheme is ending in September and being replaced by VeryMeRewards.  At present I have 1300 points left for which there is very little to purchase so I'm resigned to losing these points.  However, it is not clear how the new system will work.  I do not use apps so I presume the new system will still be accessible online.  The sort of things I can see being touted as rewards are of no interest to me and seem to be mainly aimed at the younger generation.  One of the reasons I have stayed with Vodafone is the rewards scheme but if I am going to lose what I have and not have any access to or use for the new scheme, then I will start to look around for a different provider.  Perhaps someone can fully explain the new system etc as it's not clear how it works.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @alphillips 

Yes that scheme ends on the 27th of September 2020 and you'll need to use your points by then or you'll lose them !

Vodafone can and will change up certain features / perks of their Payg offers to keep things fresh and with current market trend I assume,  but I wouldn't lose the points if this was me.

You can use them for extra minutes , text or data or a good causes voucher etc.

For accessories I think you'd need to accrue more points.

This may help in regards to the Veryme Rewards 》VeryMe Rewards - Your new home of rewards. 

Discounts-rewards/What-are-VeryMe-Rewards-and-how-do-they-work. 

Vodafone_VeryMe_Rewards. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply.  I barely use the minutes and data I have now so additional minutes etc are of no use to me to be honest.  I have used what I can usefully do though I guess I could do the good causes voucher.  My main concern, and which you didn't answer (and neither does the website), is the new scheme going to be accessible online rather than just on your mobile.  I don't use apps and therefore wouldn't gain any benefits without online access and, as I said, from what I can see is not going to be much use to me in terms of food deliveries, nights out that sort of thing.  I do realise that companies like to keep with their current trends but by not appealing to all risks losing customers.  I also only found out by luck about this change anyway having logged in to see how many points I had to spend.  Why wasn't an email or text sent out?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @alphillips, in regards to how to access the VeryMe rewards, this is only available on the MyVodafone app.

If you don't have a smartphone, we will start sending monthly treats straight to your phone starting from 10 August. You'll need to have text message marketing preference turned on to receive these. Just remember, turning on your text message marketing preference means you will start receiving Vodafone special offers and updates as well as VeryMe Rewards. You can review your marketing preferences by logging in to your account here. 

We'll text you the balance of your expiring points closer to the time, so you know how many you need to spend by 27 September.

Thanks for your clarifiction which is very disappointing.  It's another example of discrimination towards those who do not use apps.  There are those of us who are not obsessed with technology and it is becoming all too common for us to be ignored.  I do not have marketing texts on my phone because I was getting inundated by texts from Vodafone about services that I have absolutely no interest in.  It was getting to the point where I was receiving 2-3 a day which is crazy.  I will have a look round for another provider then I think, a shame because I have been with Vodafone for a long time, have most of my family.  I will be encouraging them to move from Vodafone as well.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @alphillips, we're really sorry to hear that, it'd be such a shame to see you leave. We are always looking to improve our network and additional services we offer so any comments will be taken onboard. If you need help with anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I plan on looking at other networks once my credit goes down, currently have £90's worth! Vodafone's website and online top up's are problematic/unreliable, cutting services and poor support hasn't helped either. I will probably go back to a sim only service but not with Vodafone.