Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming issue un Mexico

sukisux4
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello from México , why when i try to register in the att network the first 30 seconds all is ok but after that the network show me the message "only emergency" the Movistar network is fine not problem . i communicate with the att network but they says the roaming service is fine, i think they are denied the service for foreign operators because i tried with other operators of uk and its the same problem

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @sukisux4

Hope your enjoying your time in Mexico.   :Smiling:

As long as your Account has no roaming bars activated it should connect which it sounds like it's trying to do. 

It might be worth trying to find out if that particular network is having its own issues. 

As far as I'm aware the roaming partners are ~

Pegaso PCS, S.A. de C.V. (Movistar)
3G 1900 - Live

Radiom�vil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. (TELCEL GSM)
GSM 850/1900 - Live

Radiom�vil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. (TELCEL)
3G 850/1900 - Live

Radiom�vil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. (Telcel)
LTE 1700/2100 - Live

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination. 

Unfortunatley even if all looks ok and should work Vodafone cannot guarantee that roaming will always work as understandably they have no direct access to a foreign network. 

Some help in Vodafone and travelling-abroad.

Live Chat maybe able to help and advise. 

If your phone is Unlocked to all networks you could perhaps use a Local SIM card in the interim. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

But the Telcel network is not available only works Movistar in 3G no 4G, in the Vodafone page says there are 4g in México.

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

Please do look at the other content of my initial reply too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@sukisux4 wrote:

But the Telcel network is not available only works Movistar in 3G no 4G, in the Vodafone page says there are 4g in México.

Mexico is a large country, the coverage won't be exactly the same in all areas. In the US, the coverage varies a lot from city to city. Also, if you have a tri-band phone rather than a quad-band phone, you may find that your options will be limited. I haven't been in Mexico for some years, but recently in the US I have had much better coverage with a quad-band phone than my husband has had with a tri-band phone - indeed, in some cities he could no longer get any coverage, as the networks there had moved to different frequencies.

Thanks to all but its a problem in México with the operators ATT and Telcel nobody can help me. But i apreciatte the help