Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming not working

andom
2: Seeker

Bought a Nokia 1 with Vodafone for specifically to be used whilst travelling throught europe- askled the lady in the shop -does the phone work for going abroad ? she said 'yes' - so purchased a ten pound bundle which turned to be a useless bungle as it doesnt work abroad - i cant make calls to my children can only text them and people can ring me -

after several on line chats to useless people and inserting the sim card in and out as instrrted and also calling Nokia (again useless) and the tech team (uselss) i gave up - however went into the shop (again useless and said its all set up for use abroad) so i puit in a complaint (again had several lengthy conversations about putting the sim card in an out and so on setting the roaming bar and being asking if i was putting the +44 in front )

went to Spain again (after a week break in the UK) as soon as i landed in Alicante not working again just texts having receieved the message [oh dont worry about calls and stuff all included in your bundle)(again useless bundle )

The phone is totally useless and so is the service i recieved i have wasted a lot of time and effort - going to switch to Virgin

3 REPLIES 3

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear this has happened when wanting to roam abroad @andom, I appreciate how unsatisfying this experience must be for you. So I'm able to take a closer look into the settings on your account and help get things sorted, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to your forum post and username.

vonners

I have the same problem in Italy on my Moto G7. I can receive calls and send and receive texts but I cannot make calls. I've done the checks for bars and tried to get some sense from a live chat but nothing works. I think the chat line is just a bot - nobody could be that wooden headed.

My husband is on the same plan (pay as you go with data bundle) and his phone works fine. 

Did you manage to fix it?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vonners I'm sorry to hear you're having a similar issue whilst roaming in Italy :Sad_face: We'd love to take a closer look into this for you, to understand what's causing this. So we can do so securely, please contact our team using any of the following methods:

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here