Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish Service

Ianhoyland
4: Newbie

Can someone explain to me how someone as big as Vodafone can give such a rubbish service and still survive!!!

I have had a vodafone 785 with  PAYG and have been plagued over the last year by multiple marketing texts, 4 times a day for offers that expired 9 months ago!!! Can I get them stopped, - of course not   I have tried: -

Chat line (x2)

Customer Services

Local shop - could help nor could they give me the unlock code (supposedly freely available)

Formal complaints to HQ (x2) - where I was promised not only to stop the texts, but compensation.  Funnily enough no one can remember ANY of this conversation!!!!!

Several STOP text numbers

This forum service

The lastest wheeze is that now they have 'lost' my registration file, so can't block the texts.  Went to local shop (especially) to find their computer link is 'down' - no re-registration..  I am still awaiting confirmation that ANYONE is making any progress!!!!

In case your wondering - no, putting in a competitors SIM doesn't work either.  Presumably jolly old Vodafone had put in a software patch that provokes the phone to still 'phone home' even though the SIM and mobile number have been changed - so still continue to get vodafone marketing texts!!!!!

It's good to see that Vodafone takes CUstomer Service so seriously!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I suggested 5 days ago that someone from vf should pull out all the stops and get you sorted out. 

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi buddy sorry to hear the experience you have had 

But you have tried 191 haven't you 

As every conversation is either recorded or logged as I have had to phone myself and they have always been able to go back to a previous contact if  needed 

I would phone 191 and explain your situation 

In honesty there is a bad apple every were 

But there is also a lot of good ones who will do as much as they can to help you out 

Hi

thanks for the reply.

Regrettably, I must disagree with you.  If you look up Vodafone on Trustpilot, you will find that they have an apalling satisfaction record and an unenviable reputation for 'distorting the truth'.

I have in the past refused to accept phone calls from them in regard to complaints because (like many other people) at some point in the future there is a total denial of any conversation (or proposed action plan) taking place.

I have discussed a simple problem ( i.e. stop harrassing me with obsolete marketing texts) with many vodafone staff on many ocassions and they all promise to resolve the proble.m. Result I still get MANY texts and I now find that they have lost my resistration records.  The promise of compensation  ( over the phone) was denied as they 'have no record of the conversation'.

At the moment I seem to have hit a 'wall of silence', though they can still find the time to harrass me with their customer surveys.    Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!

bolo
12: Established
12: Established

Have you tried the 'chat' facility? When you do, you are given the opportunity of having a copy of your chat sent to you by email. And as far as I know, they can discuss most problems.

Thanks for the continued attempts to help.

The reason that | have been so frustrated if tha I have had all sorts of promises from Vodafone staff.  The end result is however that for whatever reason, it does not actually made any difference!!!!  The impression I get is that at the end of the day, it my problem, not theirs.

In contrast, 3 Mobile allows one to 'opt out' of a long list of marketing options on registration.  The result is that in the whole of last month I have received 2 bits of introductory marketing. bumf - thats all! I get much more than that in one day from Vodafone - even when I have changed to 3 mobile.

I am not alone in having this problem as others are having the same problem, and/or having Vodafone 'nuisance calls' as well.  They simply seem oblivious to the damage it does to their image.  My son who has an Honours degree in marketing, is  amazed at their stupidity !!!!

No wonder that their disatisfaction rating is so high ie between 60 -75% depending on which site you look at!!!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hang on.   A member of the team here will be along in due course and should be able to get this sorted for you.   I had a marketing call shortly after taking out a new number a few years ago.  I asked them to stop marketing calls and never received another one.   I'm not sure this is something that shops can help with (it would normally be 191 or Live Chat), and probably not an NUC either, though you can request that at (afaik) any time.

They are not sorting it out, they are confusing ther issue!!!

I have been asked to go back to the Bangor shop to re- register the phone. On visting the shop on Tuesday, I was informed the computer system was down, but that they would try to re-register the phone as and when..  I have this morning received an e-mail for the shop informinig me that the can't re-register the phone as it is already on the system  as registered!!!!

Lat night I received a message form the Social Media Team informing me that registration was incomplete and that I should follow a given link.

Despite the information given by the shop, we decided to try to follow the team's instructions - result, the the computer system insists that the phone is already registered and cannot be re-registered!!!!!

If this isn't a rubbish service I don't know what counts!!!

I have been trying to solve this problem for months and keep been fobbed off with false promises and contradictory information - I therefore feel perfectly entitled to offer a plain opinion which is shared by a great number of previous/present Vodafone users

All I am asked for is for ONE person to take ownership of this problem and solve it - it is not a lot to ask!!!

Quote: "Hang on. A member of the team here will be along in due course and should be able to get this sorted for you. "

Come on team members, let's see someone pull out all the stops and get this problem sorted out. 

Thank you for your comment!!!

I take no pleasure  in being so assertive/persistent.  I just want a simple Vodaphone problem (caused by Vodafone) resolved by Vodafone.  It is not a lot to ask.

I look forward to a prompt/positive outcome.

Hi just a question have you tried sms blockers or anything similar from Google play?