Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish Service

Ianhoyland
4: Newbie

Can someone explain to me how someone as big as Vodafone can give such a rubbish service and still survive!!!

I have had a vodafone 785 with  PAYG and have been plagued over the last year by multiple marketing texts, 4 times a day for offers that expired 9 months ago!!! Can I get them stopped, - of course not   I have tried: -

Chat line (x2)

Customer Services

Local shop - could help nor could they give me the unlock code (supposedly freely available)

Formal complaints to HQ (x2) - where I was promised not only to stop the texts, but compensation.  Funnily enough no one can remember ANY of this conversation!!!!!

Several STOP text numbers

This forum service

The lastest wheeze is that now they have 'lost' my registration file, so can't block the texts.  Went to local shop (especially) to find their computer link is 'down' - no re-registration..  I am still awaiting confirmation that ANYONE is making any progress!!!!

In case your wondering - no, putting in a competitors SIM doesn't work either.  Presumably jolly old Vodafone had put in a software patch that provokes the phone to still 'phone home' even though the SIM and mobile number have been changed - so still continue to get vodafone marketing texts!!!!!

It's good to see that Vodafone takes CUstomer Service so seriously!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I suggested 5 days ago that someone from vf should pull out all the stops and get you sorted out. 

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Hi

Thank you for the positve suggestion - this is exactly what we habe been forced to do as all other options have been blocked at present.  I have even tried 9774 again, but it is still disabled on my phone ( supposedly quite a common occurance, for which I cannot find a remedy))

Anyone who is bored may like to look up Marketing Texts (Ianhoyland) to get a flavour of the runaround I have neen given by Vodafone and the reason(s) for my anger. All the problems I have encountered have been

commented on (en masse) by people reviewing the appalling service they have received from Vodafone.

I do take exception to the some of the comments passed by the Community Champion, as ther imp[lication is that I am being unreasonable and should simnply wait for Vodafone to sort it out - I been waiting for months!!!!.  I wonder how he would feel if I came to his home ringing his doorbell times at random time night and day!!!  I  bought this phone to aid communcation with my elderly/frail mother, so the phone ringing is a cause for concern.

Another concern that should worry people is that having changed the SIM card (3 Mobile) and the phone number, I am STILL get the texts. This suggests that the Android sofware has been modified to contact (and maintain in contact with ) Vodafone, event though I am not now a Vodafone PAYG customer (others have passed comment on the same issue). I would therefore like to raise several points: -

What else can Vodafone do to the phone without my permission

Why did they install this option.

I BOUGHT this phone ( it is not a Vodafone freebi)e - so why do they think they have the right to commandeer my phone

I am not a left wing, 'knit you own sandles' conspiracy  theorist, but this is intrusion simply just wrong!!!!!

I

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ianhoyland,

It's a shame to hear that you're having this issue, it mus be frustrating for you.

So can take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've followed the link, we'll be able to take a look into this for you.

Thanks

I have just received 2 generic messages  from forum 'staff'- both telling me to do all things I have already tried MANY TIMES!!!!

It was clear that NEITHER had taken the trouble to read the thread before answering

this simply a case of gloss over substance - a common complaint amongst unhappy customers

Is it not possible to get someone senior in Vodafone to contact me to sort this out!!!!

I have just recerved messages 2 forum 'staff'.  They seem to be giving the same generic rubbish as I have been given before !!!!!  I have already done all of the recommendated actions MANY TIMES - with zero results!!!!!

One recommends that I go to the shop (already tried several times) - who will then say that they can't deal with it.

This is why  people get so frustrated with Vodafone - its all show and no go.

Can nobody get somone senior in Vodafone to contact me so I can sort this out DIRECTLY!!!!!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ianhoyland I can confirm we've received your latest email.

We'll be in touch to help as soon as possible.

I suggested 5 days ago that someone from vf should pull out all the stops and get you sorted out. 

I  genuininely thank you for your input as you were one of the very few (forum staff included) that took this complaint seriously!!!

I am just amazed not only at the incompetence, but also of the sheer general arrogonce of Vodafone towards its customers.  If one looks at websites,Trustpilot, Single Track or MSE one will fing a massive level of dissatisfaction with Vodafone  - and yet no one seems to care!!!!

In my niavety I would have thought that one phone call from a senior member of staff could have quickly sorted this out.  Vodafone on the other hand (if one accepts the many accounts of other reviewers) views its customers as a major inconvienience, who should simply pay up, without complaint - no matter how bad the service!!!!

I can only suggest there is a  embedded ethos of 'who cares - not my problem!!!'

As it is clear tha Vodafone has absolutely no interest/intention of tackling my complaint I shall probably decline to pay their wages i.e. I am probasbly about to buy another (unlocked) phone and move to another provider. When at some point in the future, Vodafone runs into serious problems I hope the staff recognise that they brought it on themselves!

Yes, I did take your complaint seriously, because I've been there. The difference is that when I put my complaint to a 'chat' guy, he recognised the seriousness of my complaint  and said that he would get it sorted out there and then. And he did!!! And I took a copy of our chat just in case he was flanneling. All it needs is for someone to bite the bullet and say I'm going to sort this out. Someone did it for me  so why can't someone do it for you? 

I suppose the simple answer is  simply that Vodafone staff generally can't be bothered.  You may get a good worker (as anywhere) but the genreral ethos from all lthe people I have contacted is effectivelly 'yawn, big deal'

Many others have had identical problems and have met with the same attitude.  Most have rapidly also  changed suppliers!!!!

SAD!!!!!!!

I having hit a brick wall in regard to my re-registration/ updating/ corruption of account ( no one seems to have a clue) , I contacted my local shop for advice. I received a helpful reply, but would like to point out the following: -

This is the third time I have been to the shop in regard to the marketing text problem. Ist time they couldn't help re texts. Second time they could not help with the re-registration as their computer system was down AGAIN, but did contact me 2 days later to say that I was in fact registered. Now I will supposedly have to go back in and sit with them while thery go through my registration and ascertain what the problem is  - assuming that the computer is working!!!!!

Assuming they get this sorted..........I will then have to start contacting Vodaforne forum staff/HQ  again in order to stop all the Marketing texts!!!!

Does anyone senior at Vodafone actually see/take seriously the miriad complaints that are swirling around!!!!!