main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Rubbish Service

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Can someone explain to me how someone as big as Vodafone can give such a rubbish service and still survive!!!

I have had a vodafone 785 with  PAYG and have been plagued over the last year by multiple marketing texts, 4 times a day for offers that expired 9 months ago!!! Can I get them stopped, - of course not   I have tried: -

Chat line (x2)

Customer Services

Local shop - could help nor could they give me the unlock code (supposedly freely available)

Formal complaints to HQ (x2) - where I was promised not only to stop the texts, but compensation.  Funnily enough no one can remember ANY of this conversation!!!!!

Several STOP text numbers

This forum service

The lastest wheeze is that now they have 'lost' my registration file, so can't block the texts.  Went to local shop (especially) to find their computer link is 'down' - no re-registration..  I am still awaiting confirmation that ANYONE is making any progress!!!!

In case your wondering - no, putting in a competitors SIM doesn't work either.  Presumably jolly old Vodafone had put in a software patch that provokes the phone to still 'phone home' even though the SIM and mobile number have been changed - so still continue to get vodafone marketing texts!!!!!

It's good to see that Vodafone takes CUstomer Service so seriously!!!!!!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
12: Established

I suggested 5 days ago that someone from vf should pull out all the stops and get you sorted out. 

View solution in original position

View more options
21 REPLIES 21
13: Advanced Member

Hi buddy sorry to hear the experience you have had 

But you have tried 191 haven't you 

As every conversation is either recorded or logged as I have had to phone myself and they have always been able to go back to a previous contact if  needed 

I would phone 191 and explain your situation 

In honesty there is a bad apple every were 

But there is also a lot of good ones who will do as much as they can to help you out 

View more options

Hi

thanks for the reply.

Regrettably, I must disagree with you.  If you look up Vodafone on Trustpilot, you will find that they have an apalling satisfaction record and an unenviable reputation for 'distorting the truth'.

I have in the past refused to accept phone calls from them in regard to complaints because (like many other people) at some point in the future there is a total denial of any conversation (or proposed action plan) taking place.

I have discussed a simple problem ( i.e. stop harrassing me with obsolete marketing texts) with many vodafone staff on many ocassions and they all promise to resolve the proble.m. Result I still get MANY texts and I now find that they have lost my resistration records.  The promise of compensation  ( over the phone) was denied as they 'have no record of the conversation'.

At the moment I seem to have hit a 'wall of silence', though they can still find the time to harrass me with their customer surveys.    Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!

View more options

Have you tried the 'chat' facility? When you do, you are given the opportunity of having a copy of your chat sent to you by email. And as far as I know, they can discuss most problems.

View more options

Thanks for the continued attempts to help.

The reason that | have been so frustrated if tha I have had all sorts of promises from Vodafone staff.  The end result is however that for whatever reason, it does not actually made any difference!!!!  The impression I get is that at the end of the day, it my problem, not theirs.

In contrast, 3 Mobile allows one to 'opt out' of a long list of marketing options on registration.  The result is that in the whole of last month I have received 2 bits of introductory marketing. bumf - thats all! I get much more than that in one day from Vodafone - even when I have changed to 3 mobile.

I am not alone in having this problem as others are having the same problem, and/or having Vodafone 'nuisance calls' as well.  They simply seem oblivious to the damage it does to their image.  My son who has an Honours degree in marketing, is  amazed at their stupidity !!!!

No wonder that their disatisfaction rating is so high ie between 60 -75% depending on which site you look at!!!

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hang on.   A member of the team here will be along in due course and should be able to get this sorted for you.   I had a marketing call shortly after taking out a new number a few years ago.  I asked them to stop marketing calls and never received another one.   I'm not sure this is something that shops can help with (it would normally be 191 or Live Chat), and probably not an NUC either, though you can request that at (afaik) any time.

View more options

They are not sorting it out, they are confusing ther issue!!!

I have been asked to go back to the Bangor shop to re- register the phone. On visting the shop on Tuesday, I was informed the computer system was down, but that they would try to re-register the phone as and when..  I have this morning received an e-mail for the shop informinig me that the can't re-register the phone as it is already on the system  as registered!!!!

Lat night I received a message form the Social Media Team informing me that registration was incomplete and that I should follow a given link.

Despite the information given by the shop, we decided to try to follow the team's instructions - result, the the computer system insists that the phone is already registered and cannot be re-registered!!!!!

If this isn't a rubbish service I don't know what counts!!!

I have been trying to solve this problem for months and keep been fobbed off with false promises and contradictory information - I therefore feel perfectly entitled to offer a plain opinion which is shared by a great number of previous/present Vodafone users

All I am asked for is for ONE person to take ownership of this problem and solve it - it is not a lot to ask!!!

View more options

Quote: "Hang on. A member of the team here will be along in due course and should be able to get this sorted for you. "

Come on team members, let's see someone pull out all the stops and get this problem sorted out. 

View more options

Thank you for your comment!!!

I take no pleasure  in being so assertive/persistent.  I just want a simple Vodaphone problem (caused by Vodafone) resolved by Vodafone.  It is not a lot to ask.

I look forward to a prompt/positive outcome.

View more options

Hi just a question have you tried sms blockers or anything similar from Google play?

View more options

Hi

Thank you for the positve suggestion - this is exactly what we habe been forced to do as all other options have been blocked at present.  I have even tried 9774 again, but it is still disabled on my phone ( supposedly quite a common occurance, for which I cannot find a remedy))

Anyone who is bored may like to look up Marketing Texts (Ianhoyland) to get a flavour of the runaround I have neen given by Vodafone and the reason(s) for my anger. All the problems I have encountered have been

commented on (en masse) by people reviewing the appalling service they have received from Vodafone.

I do take exception to the some of the comments passed by the Community Champion, as ther imp[lication is that I am being unreasonable and should simnply wait for Vodafone to sort it out - I been waiting for months!!!!.  I wonder how he would feel if I came to his home ringing his doorbell times at random time night and day!!!  I  bought this phone to aid communcation with my elderly/frail mother, so the phone ringing is a cause for concern.

Another concern that should worry people is that having changed the SIM card (3 Mobile) and the phone number, I am STILL get the texts. This suggests that the Android sofware has been modified to contact (and maintain in contact with ) Vodafone, event though I am not now a Vodafone PAYG customer (others have passed comment on the same issue). I would therefore like to raise several points: -

What else can Vodafone do to the phone without my permission

Why did they install this option.

I BOUGHT this phone ( it is not a Vodafone freebi)e - so why do they think they have the right to commandeer my phone

I am not a left wing, 'knit you own sandles' conspiracy  theorist, but this is intrusion simply just wrong!!!!!

I

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ianhoyland,

It's a shame to hear that you're having this issue, it mus be frustrating for you.

So can take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've followed the link, we'll be able to take a look into this for you.

Thanks

View more options

I have just recerved messages 2 forum 'staff'.  They seem to be giving the same generic rubbish as I have been given before !!!!!  I have already done all of the recommendated actions MANY TIMES - with zero results!!!!!

One recommends that I go to the shop (already tried several times) - who will then say that they can't deal with it.

This is why  people get so frustrated with Vodafone - its all show and no go.

Can nobody get somone senior in Vodafone to contact me so I can sort this out DIRECTLY!!!!!!!

View more options

I have just received 2 generic messages  from forum 'staff'- both telling me to do all things I have already tried MANY TIMES!!!!

It was clear that NEITHER had taken the trouble to read the thread before answering

this simply a case of gloss over substance - a common complaint amongst unhappy customers

Is it not possible to get someone senior in Vodafone to contact me to sort this out!!!!

View more options

@Ianhoyland I can confirm we've received your latest email.

We'll be in touch to help as soon as possible.

View more options

I suggested 5 days ago that someone from vf should pull out all the stops and get you sorted out. 

View solution in original position

View more options

I  genuininely thank you for your input as you were one of the very few (forum staff included) that took this complaint seriously!!!

I am just amazed not only at the incompetence, but also of the sheer general arrogonce of Vodafone towards its customers.  If one looks at websites,Trustpilot, Single Track or MSE one will fing a massive level of dissatisfaction with Vodafone  - and yet no one seems to care!!!!

In my niavety I would have thought that one phone call from a senior member of staff could have quickly sorted this out.  Vodafone on the other hand (if one accepts the many accounts of other reviewers) views its customers as a major inconvienience, who should simply pay up, without complaint - no matter how bad the service!!!!

I can only suggest there is a  embedded ethos of 'who cares - not my problem!!!'

As it is clear tha Vodafone has absolutely no interest/intention of tackling my complaint I shall probably decline to pay their wages i.e. I am probasbly about to buy another (unlocked) phone and move to another provider. When at some point in the future, Vodafone runs into serious problems I hope the staff recognise that they brought it on themselves!

View more options

Yes, I did take your complaint seriously, because I've been there. The difference is that when I put my complaint to a 'chat' guy, he recognised the seriousness of my complaint  and said that he would get it sorted out there and then. And he did!!! And I took a copy of our chat just in case he was flanneling. All it needs is for someone to bite the bullet and say I'm going to sort this out. Someone did it for me  so why can't someone do it for you? 

View more options

I suppose the simple answer is  simply that Vodafone staff generally can't be bothered.  You may get a good worker (as anywhere) but the genreral ethos from all lthe people I have contacted is effectivelly 'yawn, big deal'

Many others have had identical problems and have met with the same attitude.  Most have rapidly also  changed suppliers!!!!

SAD!!!!!!!

View more options

I having hit a brick wall in regard to my re-registration/ updating/ corruption of account ( no one seems to have a clue) , I contacted my local shop for advice. I received a helpful reply, but would like to point out the following: -

This is the third time I have been to the shop in regard to the marketing text problem. Ist time they couldn't help re texts. Second time they could not help with the re-registration as their computer system was down AGAIN, but did contact me 2 days later to say that I was in fact registered. Now I will supposedly have to go back in and sit with them while thery go through my registration and ascertain what the problem is  - assuming that the computer is working!!!!!

Assuming they get this sorted..........I will then have to start contacting Vodaforne forum staff/HQ  again in order to stop all the Marketing texts!!!!

Does anyone senior at Vodafone actually see/take seriously the miriad complaints that are swirling around!!!!!

View more options